Just when you think Chicago can't get more ####ed up than it has... The Governor is there to help!

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Illinois Gov. Pritzker allows non-US citizens to become police officers with new law: 'Fundamentally bad idea'

Critics slammed the law allowing eligible foreign nationals to become police officers as 'madness'

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker, D., signed a bill into law that allows non-U.S. citizens to become police officers in the state, angering critics who slammed the idea of foreigners arresting American citizens as "a fundamentally bad idea."

Illinois House Bill 3751 will no longer require U.S. citizenship as a qualification to become a police officer in the state. The bill was signed by the Democrat governor on Friday and will go into effect on January 1, 2024, despite facing heavy opposition from GOP lawmakers and prominent police groups.

Illinois Rep. Mary Miller, a Republican, voiced her outrage.

"At 5 p.m. yesterday, when no one was paying attention, Pritzker signed a bill to allow illegal immigrants to become police officers, giving non-citizens the power to arrest citizens in our state," she tweeted. "No sane state would allow foreign nationals to arrest their citizens, this is madness!"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I wonder if they'll be required to understand and speak English.

What could go wrong? 🤷‍♀️

Illinoisies must like it because they keep voting for it. And honestly, Chicago is hemorrhaging cops because of how ****ed up that place is, so they need replacements. Non-English speaking illegals are all they can get AND as a bonus:

Mexican drug cartel people and child sex traffickers in our police departments, ya'll. BRILLIANT!

I expect NY and CA will be following suit shortly.

Tech

il_570xN.4731470845_hdhz.jpg

Hijinx

What struck me about Vrai's post was the fact that I like what it said and hit the like button , but at the same time wanted to hit the anger button.

A legislature that would vote for this is insane. I would bet that the democrats in Annapolis are looking at this and wondering if they could get away with it. I understand they have illegals being housed in the police precincts there anyway so they hire them. I read about the Chinese and their police forces in America. I read about the Muslims and their police forces in New York.

I just posted of why I stay in Maryland, and this makes me think of why stay in America. What would it take to make people leave America.
We have a demented ,corrupt , senile old man inn the White house. A Homeleand security chief who is the farthest thing from securing the homeland as you can get, We have a corrupt and biased Justice department, and a National police force that is run by politics and democrats our taxes are atrocious , and we are forced to stay as far as we can get from any street named after Dr. Martin Luther King in our large cities.
The future is to turn America into a South American third world regime.

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

Where you gonna go? We're pretty much it when it comes to freedom and quality of life on this planet. That's why people escaping their dictatorship shitholes come here.

When the US is done, the whole world is done.
I hate to say this, but it is getting closer every day. I don't like the politics of this country either, but I will not leave.
When enough people get fed up there will be a revolution. It may not happen in my life time, but if it does I will fight for a free America.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Allowing those that are openly breaking FEDERAL law to enforce STATE law!

Bloody BRILLIANT!!
How are they breaking FEDERAL law?

"The bill "provides that an individual who is not a citizen but is legally authorized to work in the United States under federal law is authorized to apply for the position of police officer, subject to all requirements and limitations, other than citizenship, to which other applicants are subject," HB3751 reads, adding that non-U.S. citizens must be able to obtain, carry, purchase, or otherwise possess a firearm under federal law to apply for the job."

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
non-U.S. citizens must be able to obtain, carry, purchase, or otherwise possess a firearm under federal law to apply for the job.
I have sold firearms in 4 states for different employers.
Federal Law is that a Legal Resident Aliens can only purchase long arms, not handguns.

That seems to be a valid hinderance on this law.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I have sold firearms in 4 states for different employers.
Federal Law is that a Legal Resident Aliens can only purchase long arms, not handguns.

That seems to be a valid hinderance on this law.

That's incorrect. I have a step-son who is an LPR and he legally owns several handguns. Also, has his carry permant in Maryland and Utah which means he can legally carry in most of the U.S.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That's incorrect. I have a step-son who is an LPR and he legally owns several handguns. Also, has his carry permant in Maryland and Utah which means he can legally carry in most of the U.S.
Thank you for the correction, it has been 18 years since I worked a gun counter.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Thank you for the correction, it has been 18 years since I worked a gun counter.

Most people don't realize that LPRs can do everything citizens can do except vote in federal elections, serve on jury duty, and leave the U.S. for more than six months at a time.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Most people don't realize that LPRs can do everything citizens can do except vote in federal elections, serve on jury duty, and leave the U.S. for more than six months at a time.

I was shocked when I found out that foreign nationals serve in our military. What ****tard came up with that stupid idea?

Foreign nationals should be able to do pretty much nothing in this country. They should be tourists or have a temp work visa, then go their asses home. If they want to become Americans - welcome, my friend! But there should be no such thing as a "legal permanent resident". Become an American or go home. Pledge allegiance or go home.

Sorry, there it is.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I was shocked when I found out that foreign nationals serve in our military. What ****tard came up with that stupid idea?

Foreign nationals should be able to do pretty much nothing in this country. They should be tourists or have a temp work visa, then go their asses home. If they want to become Americans - welcome, my friend! But there should be no such thing as a "legal permanent resident". Become an American or go home. Pledge allegiance or go home.

Sorry, there it is.
You are so misinformed about this. I'm surprised because I know you're smarter and kinder than what's shown in that statement you posted. My wife is an LPR. She works harder and pays more taxes than many natural born citizens and she's never gotten so much as a speeding ticket. She's an example of a model American. Attaining LPR status is one of the steps on the path to citizenship. One cannot "become an American" (citizenship) without first being an LPR.