Just when you think Chicago can't get more ####ed up than it has... The Governor is there to help!

awpitt

Main Streeter
so, they cant serve on a jury but can swear and affirm in COURT that the testimony they are about to give shall be the truth?
are they swearing to Allah? why cant they serve on a jury, the same jury that will pass judgement on the defendant?
They can't serve on a jury because service on a jury is for U.S. citizens only. As far as who a witness swears an oath to, I don't know. One can swear an oath to their god or they can affirm the oath.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You are so misinformed about this. I'm surprised because I know you're smarter and kinder than what's shown in that statement you posted. My wife is an LPR. She works harder and pays more taxes than many natural born citizens and she's never gotten so much as a speeding ticket. She's an example of a model American. Attaining LPR status is one of the steps on the path to citizenship. One cannot "become an American" (citizenship) without first being an LPR.

It has nothing to do with your wife and my kindness or lack thereof. Foreign nationals shouldn't be allowed to come here and live indefinitely without intention of becoming American citizens. M is not a model American because she's not an American at all. That's not a knock on her, it's simply the truth.

I have no doubt there are many foreign nationals who came here legally or otherwise who are great assets to this country. I'd trade our native born shitbags for them in a second. But there are laws, and one can't be a good citizen if they are actively breaking our immigration laws. That's a cold hard simple fact.

awpitt

Main Streeter
It has nothing to do with your wife and my kindness or lack thereof. Foreign nationals shouldn't be allowed to come here and live indefinitely without intention of becoming American citizens. M is not a model American because she's not an American at all. That's not a knock on her, it's simply the truth.

I have no doubt there are many foreign nationals who came here legally or otherwise who are great assets to this country. I'd trade our native born shitbags for them in a second. But there are laws, and one can't be a good citizen if they are actively breaking our immigration laws. That's a cold hard simple fact.
It's not simply the truth.

I didn’t say “M is an American” although she was born in the Americas so it could be said. I did say that M is an example of a model American as she has always set an example in how she’s lived her life while residing in the United States. Following the rules, paying taxes, being a positive contributor to the U.S., not being a drain on the welfare system, etc. And yes, as you say, there are laws, and one can't be a good citizen if they are actively breaking our immigration laws. That has nothing to do with M.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Then why did you bring her into it?
I didn't bring her into it. You did when you talked about there are laws, and one can't be a good citizen if they are actively breaking our immigration laws. You stated this in this thread about M.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I didn't bring her into it. You did when you talked about there are laws, and one can't be a good citizen if they are actively breaking our immigration laws. You stated this in this thread about M.

?

Look back over the thread again.

WingsOfGold

I was shocked when I found out that foreign nationals serve in our military. What ****tard came up with that stupid idea?

Foreign nationals should be able to do pretty much nothing in this country. They should be tourists or have a temp work visa, then go their asses home. If they want to become Americans - welcome, my friend! But there should be no such thing as a "legal permanent resident". Become an American or go home. Pledge allegiance or go home.

Sorry, there it is.
That's been around forever, Filipino's served as stewards....... basically officer bellhops up to the 70's since we had a special relationship with the PI. Later they were able to openly compete in most any rate.
Since we're no longer butt buddies no idea how it stands now.

WingsOfGold

I hate to say this, but it is getting closer every day. I don't like the politics of this country either, but I will not leave.
When enough people get fed up there will be a revolution. It may not happen in my life time, but if it does I will fight for a free America.
Shiit will most likely hit the fan should Hunter walk and the nazi's haveTrump arrested.

CPUSA

I was shocked when I found out that foreign nationals serve in our military. What ****tard came up with that stupid idea?

Foreign nationals should be able to do pretty much nothing in this country. They should be tourists or have a temp work visa, then go their asses home. If they want to become Americans - welcome, my friend! But there should be no such thing as a "legal permanent resident". Become an American or go home. Pledge allegiance or go home.

Sorry, there it is.
You are so misinformed about this. I'm surprised because I know you're smarter and kinder than what's shown in that statement you posted. My wife is an LPR. She works harder and pays more taxes than many natural born citizens and she's never gotten so much as a speeding ticket. She's an example of a model American. Attaining LPR status is one of the steps on the path to citizenship. One cannot "become an American" (citizenship) without first being an LPR.
Yeah..once again, you are so wrong and changing the narrative to suit you...
You'd think, with how often you're wrong & it only takes a post or 2 to prove this...you'd learn to just apologize when you're wrong (especially with the frequency that you are wrong)