Just wondering

D

dems4me

If a lady has a silver ring with no stones or nothing on her left hand, what does it mean? I'm not too adverse on marriage rings or anything :lol: and was just wondering what guy wouldn't splurge on at least a cubic zirconian ring or SOMETHING...does this just mean a plane engagement or does it mean the guy is cheap* :shrug:

*No intentions of hurting feelings for those that have this, I really don't know what it means. :huggy:

Last edited by a moderator:
When we first got married, we got matching rings. So I only have a gold/silver ring on most times. I found a diamond ring that I liked about 1 year after we got married, so I wear that when I go out now.

I realize I did not answer your question. :lol:

When we first got married, we were buying a house in Oklahoma, so to me that was the first priority, not the diamond ring. After a year of being married, I found one that I liked and we were in a better financial situation to buy it.

Last edited:
D

dems4me

teverheart2002 said:
When we first got married, we got matching rings. So I only have a gold/silver ring on most times. I found a diamond ring that I liked about 1 year after we got married, so I wear that when I go out now.

I realize I did not answer your question. :lol:

When we first got married, we were buying a house in Oklahoma, so to me that was the first priority, not the diamond ring. After a year of being married, I found one that I liked and we were in a better financial situation to buy it.

That's not soo bad... my Mom's engagement ring because they were too young to be married by law, and too broke. My Dad's engagement ring to my mother for about a year or two was a "Black Lable" beer can pop top if I remember correclty. :lol: This lady is a doctor though so that's what got me thinking about it all. :crazy: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I know that most days I wear my band only...I only wear my diamond when I am going out (I'm afraid to lose it :lol:) Maybe her "rock" was at home and she was only wearing the band for some reason.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
dems4me said:
If a lady has a silver ring with no stones or nothing on her left hand, what does it mean? I'm not too adverse on marriage rings or anything :lol: and was just wondering what guy wouldn't splurge on at least a cubic zirconian ring or SOMETHING...does this just mean a plane engagement or does it mean the guy is cheap* :shrug:

*No intentions of hurting feelings for those that have this, I really don't know what it means. :huggy:

Lusbian ??!?!!!:jameo:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My husband never wore his ring. He did in the beginning he did, but since he was FD he coyuldn't all the time. Once he retired and drove a truck, he never did. I am finally used to not wearing it after almsot 3 years.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RoseRed said:
My husband never wore his ring. He did in the beginning he did, but since he was FD he coyuldn't all the time. Once he retired and drove a truck, he never did. I am finally used to not wearing it after almsot 3 years.

Don't wear my band ! jewelry drives me crazy.
Mrs. FireBrand is OK with it !
Don't even like to wear my watch.....
rip it off as soon as I get home !

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
FireBrand said:
I haven't worn a watch since I lost mine

D

dems4me

FireBrand said:

Is that supposed to be a poem?

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
dems4me said:
That's not soo bad... my Mom's engagement ring because they were too young to be married by law, and too broke. My Dad's engagement ring to my mother for about a year or two was a "Black Lable" beer can pop top if I remember correclty. :lol: This lady is a doctor though so that's what got me thinking about it all. :crazy: :lol:
It's probably her wedding ring and she doesn't wear her engagement ring while working because she has to touch people and might scratch them with her giant diamond and then they would sue her. :yay:

My mom has only one wedding ring and it's a gold band. My mom isn't the flashy diamond type. That's all that she wanted. Maybe the lady you saw is the same way. :shrug:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Speedy70 said:
My mom has only one wedding ring and it's a gold band. My mom isn't the flashy diamond type. That's all that she wanted. Maybe the lady you saw is the same way. :shrug:
I don't understand that type of lady. :lol:

K_Jo said:
I don't understand that type of lady. :lol:

Yeah, me too. :lol: When hubby and I were picking out rings, my mom said "Make sure you don't pick something too flashy"....I was like yeah right. :killingme

S

StrwberryKisses

I agree maybe she just has some type of anniversary band. Silver is normally for a 25th anniversary.

My rings are my baby's I always have them on.

cdsulhoff

If she is wearing a plain ring on her left hand then it could be a promise ring. Promise rings has become a big thing. I know a lot of girls that have a promise ring. Most of them wear it on their wedding finger. In many cases it is usually a plain band that is given.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I only have a wedding band. I'm not a big jewelry person, never have been. And are you sure the band was silver? Could have been platinum or white gold. My sister's wedding bands are platinum. :shrug: