K-9 dog dies in hot patrol car

littlelady

God bless the USA
Nice chatting with you, too. And, I agree and hope so.

Off to sleepville I go. You take care. Night.

Where is Sleepville? It doesn't show up on Waze. I need to travel there! :lol: Nite nite.

Edit: Seriously, though, I feel so bad about Drago. These are the things that keep me from sleeping. Just like today when that crazy doc in Brooklyn shot up the hospital and killed himself. Yes, off topic, but you know what I mean. I will sleep when I am dead. I have no choice on that call.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
Safer than most places, yes. Usually in for a quick grab and back out...not a shopping spree. Can never leave her alone, she doesn't like it.

I'm with you, my dog goes just about everywhere with me. I don't take him in some stores for the most part, he waits in the truck in the backseat. Windows down and no air on.
If I left him at home he would miss the biscuits at the bank, cheese at the gun store, picking out a pigs ear at the farm store and all the folks petting him along the way..

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I take my Mals with me on errands in the cooler months, but not when the outside temp hits 70 and sunny.

I let them stay in the house and enjoy the air conditioning. Right now they're napping at my feet and a nice brisk 65°.

3CATSAILOR

Normally the patrol cars have the AC on any time a K-9 is in the car. I don't know the entire story of why this occurred. But, I have no doubt there will be a complete investigation and a policy change if needed.

black dog

Free America
I would be shocked if they don't have a policy for keeping the dogs in car in hot weather. Looks like someone dropped the ball in this incident.

drago

Normally the patrol cars have the AC on any time a K-9 is in the car. I don't know the entire story of why this occurred. But, I have no doubt there will be a complete investigation and a policy change if needed.

The ac stopped working..
The post indicated the air conditioner was on, but stopped working and began blowing hot air instead.

3CATSAILOR

The ac stopped working..
The post indicated the air conditioner was on, but stopped working and began blowing hot air instead.

Thanks for the info. Thus the Officer did not intent to bake his dog. I do fault the agency for not ensuring their vehicles are better maintained.

PJay

I'm with you, my dog goes just about everywhere with me. I don't take him in some stores for the most part, he waits in the truck in the backseat. Windows down and no air on.
If I left him at home he would miss the biscuits at the bank, cheese at the gun store, picking out a pigs ear at the farm store and all the folks petting him along the way..

Fear if I leave windows down someone may reach in and take her, that's why I carry two sets of keys, one to keep car running, and one to unlock the door.

LOL..yes, the treats along the way, the "can I pet her", the "aww she's so cute", the " look mommy! It's a weiner dog!!" Anyway, so far, she's allowed to sit on my lap while at the salon, and Tractor supply, Lowes, Homedepot, pet store allows her in.

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I'm wondering if this officer will be charged with negligent homicide? Regardless of the circumstances. This case should be treated just like as if it was an infant left in the car. Especially since these dogs are considered "police officers". The rear windows should have been opened a bit. After all, those rear windows are caged up to prevent the dog from exiting the vehicle. So in this case, this officer killed one of his own. He should be put throught the ringer just like anyone else.

Man Who Shot, Killed Ohio K-9 Officer Jethro Sentenced to 45 Years in Prison
Ex-Cop Charged in Killing of 2 K9 Partners Now Linked to Death of Third Dog: Police
Teen shoots dog during burglary, gets 23 years
Man Who Killed Police Dog Gets Extremely Long Sentence

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

I'm wondering if this officer will be charged with negligent homicide? Regardless of the circumstances. This case should be treated just like as if it was an infant left in the car. Especially since these dogs are considered "police officers". The rear windows should have been opened a bit. After all, those rear windows are caged up to prevent the dog from exiting the vehicle. So in this case, this officer killed one of his own. He should be put throught the ringer just like anyone else.

Man Who Shot, Killed Ohio K-9 Officer Jethro Sentenced to 45 Years in Prison
Ex-Cop Charged in Killing of 2 K9 Partners Now Linked to Death of Third Dog: Police
Teen shoots dog during burglary, gets 23 years
Man Who Killed Police Dog Gets Extremely Long Sentence

First, I don't believe he will be charged with anything. The a/c malfunctioned and the cars interior overheated. Things break and stop working.
The Officer certainly didn't kill his partner maliciously..
Nor was the Officer committing a crime when the dog died.

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

First, I don't believe he will be charged with anything. The a/c malfunctioned and the cars interior overheated. Things break and stop working. The Officer certainly didn't kill his partner maliciously.. Nor was the Officer committing a crime when the dog died.

If you believe the narrative being issued by the department. Even after they deleted the facebook post, ie. covering their tracks. Is there any video from the car or body camera to show a person was being processed, or is this just another cop cover up. They can spin this any way they want but it comes down to it, it's flat out negligence and animal cruelty on the part of the officer.