Kabob Kingdom

OccamsRazor

So the food no bueno?
No idea. This guess is just based on the location and past experience with the many other ventures that have occupied that building. In my opinion, the only reason that the Cow & Fish did so well for so long was because it was a local person who was quasi-famous. I really do not see a kabob place surviving there for very long.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
No idea. This guess is just based on the location and past experience with the many other ventures that have occupied that building. In my opinion, the only reason that the Cow & Fish did so well for so long was because it was a local person who was quasi-famous. I really do not see a kabob place surviving there for very long.
They had really good food. They have opened two new restaurants in Leonardtown.

SandieGarry

I saw this week that Kabob Kingdom was open. Looked at the menu online, seemed tasty so we stopped in tonight. A little surprised when we walked in. There were 3 customers ahead of us but no one was seated. Then I found out that it was a soft opening, carryout only. We placed our order and waited for it to arrive. It was very tasty. We will definitely go back.

OccamsRazor

They had really good food.
Meh. Once again my opinion but, I ate there 2 times. First was shortly after they opened and I thought the food was OK. Second time was when I had family in from out of town and to me the food was not worth the cost.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm not a fan of lamb, goat, curry, or rice, so this is pretty limited for me.

OccamsRazor

"Chunk of Potatoes mixed in a special gravy." = $15??
Looking at those prices, I surely hope that those offerings are not a single serving! Niche menu at exorbitant prices = not gonna be around very long.

Clem72

"Chunk of Potatoes mixed in a special gravy." = $15??
Looking at those prices, I surely hope that those offerings are not a single serving! Niche menu at exorbitant prices = not gonna be around very long.

You would think, but Bollywood has been selling tomato soup with chunks of meat and potatoes at these prices for years and doing quite well.

Clem72

To each their own. I like lamb and goat occasionally and if they were a bit cheaper and half-way decent it would probably be in my regular rotation. At these prices I may not every stop in to find out if I like it. And that location is horrible.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
To each their own. I like lamb and goat occasionally and if they were a bit cheaper and half-way decent it would probably be in my regular rotation. At these prices I may not every stop in to find out if I like it. And that location is horrible.
I picked up a beef tenderloin yesterday for Christmas dinner. $88 WITH the bonus card. :faint:

Clem72

I paid $75 for the same cut last year.

Can't say I have ever bought a large beef tenderloin. The only large chunks of meat I regularly cook are pot roasts. But at $88 a loin I probably won't start either. I do regularly cook those pre-seasoned pork tenderloins. Toss the whole package in my sous vide for a couple hours at 140 degrees then finish under the full blast broiler for 10 minutes or so to get a nice crust and get it up to "acceptable" internal temperature.