"Kabooooommmmmm!"

nutz

Yes but...everything I've seen on this topic on the gun forums indicates that the new MD statue exceeds (and was specifically intended to exceed) the Fed BATF restrictions and rules. Just like MD's gun laws exceed the Federal ones...and will so even more when the new round of them is signed in to law.

Intentions and politicians never seem to come together as one would truly hope.

Their language, as adopted, does not prevent personal use or exceed the BATF thresh holds. Currently, it's more knee jerk reactionary hype than anything.
Bill Text: MD SB421 | 2012 | Regular Session | Chaptered | LegiScan

Ammo has some hidden agendas somewhere too. I'm keeping my stash of .22's to see how much higher stupid people will go. :popcorn:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Intentions and politicians never seem to come together as one would truly hope.

Their language, as adopted, does not prevent personal use or exceed the BATF thresh holds. Currently, it's more knee jerk reactionary hype than anything.
Bill Text: MD SB421 | 2012 | Regular Session | Chaptered | LegiScan

Ammo has some hidden agendas somewhere too. I'm keeping my stash of .22's to see how much higher stupid people will go. :popcorn:

:buddies:

I've consolidated. Sold the only "AR" variant (.223) I owned and everything else is either 7.62 or .45.

I took the AR in and gave it to my regular gun shop on consigment. I never even made it out of the parking lot...the guy that had been standing in line one or two behind me bought it.:killingme It's crazy out there.

Inkd

I've consolidated. Sold the only "AR" variant (.223) I owned and everything else is either 7.62 or .45.

I took the AR in and gave it to my regular gun shop on consigment. I never even made it out of the parking lot...the guy that had been standing in line one or two behind me bought it.:killingme It's crazy out there.

Last year I tried to sell a few items for a couple hundred dollars less than I paid for them. No luck..

I listed the same items a couple weeks ago and asked for several hundred more than I paid. They didn't last 5 hours and they were gone.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Last year I tried to sell a few items for a couple hundred dollars less than I paid for them. No luck..

I listed the same items a couple weeks ago and asked for several hundred more than I paid. They didn't last 5 hours and they were gone.

I have a couple SkS i wish I'd never bought. It might be a good time to try to get rid of those crappy guns.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I have a couple SkS i wish I'd never bought. It might be a good time to try to get rid of those crappy guns.

They were something like $279 at Roses back in the day, the Sunday Special Sale flyer price..bayonet, accessories and all. Now you can get 400-500 for the same rifle all day long.

Same goes for the MAK-90s that Roses sold back then. Those were $479, new in box, and now go for at least $800, if not more, used.

I had one SKS and I fired it only once. It malfunctioned in a very bad way. I knew I could gunsmith the problem away, but with so many other good guns at hand, I never got around to fixing that SKS..and it went up with the rest of 'em in the house fire last year. My nephew has one that he worked the kinks out of and its deadly accurate and reliable as a hammer.

Inkd

They were something like $279 at Roses back in the day, the Sunday Special Sale flyer price..bayonet, accessories and all. Now you can get 400-500 for the same rifle all day long.

Same goes for the MAK-90s that Roses sold back then. Those were $479, new in box, and now go for at least $800, if not more, used.

I had one SKS and I fired it only once. It malfunctioned in a very bad way. I knew I could gunsmith the problem away, but with so many other good guns at hand, I never got around to fixing that SKS..and it went up with the rest of 'em in the house fire last year. My nephew has one that he worked the kinks out of and its deadly accurate and reliable as a hammer.

When I was sationed in Norfolk a guy I worked with was going to California and couldn't take it. He was selling it for 150 dollars with a thousand rounds of ammo. I still kick myself for not getting it but 150 dollars to an Airman was a good bit of cash then.

Inkd

If you are thinking you may want to get rid of them, now is the time to do it!!!

I would maybe offer to take one off your hands but I don't know what the ammo situation is like for them??

Is it as scarce as AR food? Or is it available for 3x more than it cost at this time a year ago?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I love my .308. Saving the good ammo for when I need it, (plinking ammo, even at over a buck per round is still affordable), which will, hopefully, never happen.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
(plinking ammo, even at over a buck per round is still affordable), which will, hopefully, never happen.

But it already has happend. I've been paying about 10-15 cents a round for 7.62 ammo for a long time. Then it all went crazy.....I used to think that the buck a round I paid for .45-70 GOV was extreme. But now, thats what .223 goes for.