Kamala Harris

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I think most of us had this ticket back in February (latest). Nevertheless, interested to finally have the announcment.

This will be more than interesting both within the Democratic Party and with the voters in the general election.

--- End of line (MCP)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
See, and she brings nothing to the ticket. Black and woman, but nothing of substance.

We'll see.....

Yooper

Ultimately though, this Harris announcement is just step 1 in the bait & switch. It won't be "Biden/Harris 2020," it will be "Harris/VP Pick 2020." Doing it this way in order to get past Sanders, IMHO.

--- End of line (MCP)

Hessian

Vogue cover? Cosmopolitan? Hollywood's gushing admiration?...I can't see this bringing a tidal wave of fence-sitters. They already had California's Electorals... The Dems would have been wiser to choose a Texan or Floridian...and someone who actually is slightly more moderate. An Ambassador? A Former Governor? Joe sort of stumbled into this. The Dems embrace the Dementia ticket.

SamSpade

Ultimately though, this Harris announcement is just step 1 in the bait & switch. It won't be "Biden/Harris 2020," it will be "Harris/VP Pick 2020." Doing it this way in order to get past Sanders, IMHO.

--- End of line (MCP)

But is that the way it works? If he is gone before November, she automatically moves to the top of the ticket?

Yooper

But is that the way it works? If he is gone before November, she automatically moves to the top of the ticket?
I think that's the way the DNC will make it work. Sanders will bitch, but the DNC will convince Sanders Harris is the best bet and offer him input as to who the VP pick should be (i.e., someone Squad-ish/uber-progressive). GIves the Dems a ticket which satisfies the Dem coalition and makes a super-progressive more palatable to the general electorate b/c that super-prog person would be the VP.

Gutfeld was correct the other day; if Harris moves up and the Dems pick another woman for the VP slot Trump will be in trouble.

--- End of line (MCP)

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
And Team Trump had a response tweeted immediately. Only saw a quick view of it on the news, but they were ready for that announcement.

SamSpade

I think that's the way the DNC will make it work. Sanders will bitch, but the DNC will convince Sanders Harris is the best bet and offer him input as to who the VP pick should be (i.e., someone Squad-ish/uber-progressive). GIves the Dems a ticket which satisfies the Dem coalition and makes a super-progressive more palatable to the general electorate b/c that super-prog person would be the VP.

Gutfeld was correct the other day; if Harris moves up and the Dems pick another woman for the VP slot Trump will be in trouble.

--- End of line (MCP)

I had to look it up - but damn, she left the race even before the primaries started. When she left, there was easily a dozen people still running.
Wikipedia says she got a grand total of 844 primary votes. That puts her place about FIFTEENTH.

It won't be JUST Sanders that will be pissed - Warren, Buttigieg, Yang, Klobuchar, BLOOMBERG - lot of big money will be justifiably pissed.

GregV814

I see things a little differently. Remember when all the democrats were on stage and Momma Pelosi "shushed" Ms. Harris for acting like a teenage girl in heat?? Their next meeting should be interesting, but we'll never see it or know...

Yooper

I had to look it up - but damn, she left the race even before the primaries started. When she left, there was easily a dozen people still running.
Wikipedia says she got a grand total of 844 primary votes. That puts her place about FIFTEENTH.

It won't be JUST Sanders that will be pissed - Warren, Buttigieg, Yang, Klobuchar, BLOOMBERG - lot of big money will be justifiably pissed.
True. But Warren will probably get SecState, Klobuchar another cabinet post, Yang chief of staff?, Bloomberg left out (except his wallet). All will be bought off see the logic of the Harris pick. And if Biden does slide off and Harris moves up, Warren will be offered the VP slot (in a take it or leave it scenario). Sanders, too, I think gets left out of anything meaningful. Maybe a "czar" of something?

--- End of line (MCP)

Hessian

"And if Biden does slide off and Harris moves up, Warren will be offered the VP slot ..
That's right, Native Americans always get the left-overs...last to get scraps from the table...sheesh.

Hessian

"Sanders, too, I think gets left out of anything meaningful. Maybe a "czar" of something? "

(oh yeah, offer him a Title from the beloved fatherland where he honeymooned...he'd appreciate the Dacha on the lake).

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
On second thought, Kamala is the complete opposite of Grandpa Joe. She's black; she's a woman; she's young; she can form complete sentences.

So maybe she's a good pick after all.

Yooper

"And if Biden does slide off and Harris moves up, Warren will be offered the VP slot ..
That's right, Native Americans always get the left-overs...last to get scraps from the table...sheesh.
Hahah!

In all seriousness, I think the pitch to Warren will be that while Harris will have to be out and about leading Warren will be the policy wonk behind the scenes for the administration.

--- End of line (MCP)