Karl Rove: Only Way To Stop The Violence Is To Repeal Second

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Karl Rove: Only Way To Stop The Violence Is To Repeal Second Amendment

WALLACE: How do we stop the violence?

ROVE: I wish I had an easy answer for that, but I don’t think there’s an easy answer

We saw an act of evil. Racist, bigoted evil, and to me the amazing thing is that it was met with grief and love. Think about how far we’ve come since 1963. The whole weight of the government throughout the South was to impede finding and holding and bringing to justice the men who perpetrated the [Birmingham] bombing.

And here, we saw an entire state, an entire community, an entire nation come together, grieving as one and united in the belief that this was an evil act, so we’ve come a long way.

Now maybe there’s some magic law that will keep us from having more of these. I mean basically the only way to guarantee that we will dramatically reduce acts of violence involving guns is to basically remove guns from society, and until somebody gets enough “oomph” to repeal the Second Amendment, that’s not going to happen.

Hijinx

Karl Rove: Only Way To Stop The Violence Is To Repeal Second Amendment

WALLACE: How do we stop the violence?

ROVE: I wish I had an easy answer for that, but I don’t think there’s an easy answer

We saw an act of evil. Racist, bigoted evil, and to me the amazing thing is that it was met with grief and love. Think about how far we’ve come since 1963. The whole weight of the government throughout the South was to impede finding and holding and bringing to justice the men who perpetrated the [Birmingham] bombing.

And here, we saw an entire state, an entire community, an entire nation come together, grieving as one and united in the belief that this was an evil act, so we’ve come a long way.

Now maybe there’s some magic law that will keep us from having more of these. I mean basically the only way to guarantee that we will dramatically reduce acts of violence involving guns is to basically remove guns from society, and until somebody gets enough “oomph” to repeal the Second Amendment, that’s not going to happen.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Karl Marxist Rove.You stupid bastid.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Karl Marxist Rove.You stupid bastid.

When I first read the link, I figured it was an out of context lead but seems not. In context he seems to believe repeal of the right to keep and bear arms is what is needed.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
When I first read the link, I figured it was an out of context lead but seems not. In context he seems to believe repeal of the right to keep and bear arms is what is needed.

I didn't read that in his answer at all.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

I didn't read that in his answer at all.

regardless, banning guns will not end violence or even gun violence .... criminals will always get firearms
Mexicans will smuggle them north with the wetbacks and drug mules ... just another product

Pushrod

Patriot
Like there was never any violence enacted against other humans before the invention of firearms.
So what will be next, banning of bows and arrows, then swords and knives, clubs and rocks, finally fists and feet? Violence is inherent in the animal known as humans. As a society we have a system of laws that address this violence and punish the offenders. There will always be violence perpetrated against one another by thugs and cowards, they need to be dealt with swiftly, decisively and justly under our legal system or stopped by their victims by whatever means necessary when they are committing their despicable and deadly acts.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Rove is one of those people that I have developed a huge distrust in just about everything he says. So, I really don't take him seriously.

Vince

When guns are outlawed/confiscated, criminals and terrorists will have a free hand to do as they wish. Crime will increase exponentially and terrorists will move in on whatever country they please. People like Rove are living in their own little perfect liberal world. As far as repealing the 2nd Amendment, if Hillary gets in the White House I bet she gives it a try.

Last edited:

Pushrod

Patriot
When guns are outlawed/confiscated, criminals and terrorists will have a free hand to do as they wish. Crime will increase exponentially and terrorists will move in on whatever country they please. People like Rove are living in their own little perfect liberal world. As far as repealing the 2nd Amendment, if Hillary gets in the White House I bet she gives it a try.

How do you repeal a fundamental, inherent right? You don't. You can repeal the governmental recognition and protection, but the right still remains inherent to the people and does not go away.

Vince

How do you repeal a fundamental, inherent right? You don't. You can repeal the governmental recognition and protection, but the right still remains inherent to the people and does not go away.
No, you can't repeal a right, but it all comes down to who has the power. You get a president that wants to confiscate guns and change the law to suit their agenda......he/she has the power to do it. Look what Obama does with his little pen and nobody stops him.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Sure it does. As of now, my right to keep and bear arms in Maryland is severely limited. I'm pretty sure I'd be in jail in no time if I were to exercise the 'right' as I think the constitution defines it.

Hijinx

In Maryland you can own a firearm if you can pass the tests the State designed to keep you from owning them, but you certainly have no right to bear those arms.

Transporting those arms is strictly regulated.

Pushrod

Patriot
Sure it does. As of now, my right to keep and bear arms in Maryland is severely limited. I'm pretty sure I'd be in jail in no time if I were to exercise the 'right' as I think the constitution defines it.

That doesn't mean the right doesn't exist, it is just being suppressed by a government.

Pushrod

Patriot
:sarcasm:

but, GUNS make it EASIER ...... [said every liberal]

I would assume its much easier to slide a knife into unsuspecting victims over and over again until someone is able to scream or alert others. Look at the knife attacks in China where thirty-some were killed in one rampage. Even easier would be the use of a gasoline bomb in a crowded area.