Katrina victims hate md.

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
A gift of generosity goes awry
Ties are broken when a vacant home offered to a displaced Katrina family is left in disarray

The Brown family of Louisiana fled Hurricane Katrina with nothing. The DiMaggio family and its Westminster church, the Firm Foundation Worship Center, had a vacant home and the desire to help.

But what seemed like a fortunate connection gradually dissolved into a flurry of accusations and bruised feelings.

Sandra and Keith Brown, who drove to Carroll County after the hurricane with seven of their eight children, say their hosts were patronizing and disrespectful. The DiMaggios said the Browns left the house in disarray and didn't appreciate all the community had done for them. The DiMaggios were stunned, they said, when they found the words "MD sucks" spray-painted on the new white siding on the home's exterior.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/lo...02,0,1836406.story?coll=bal-newsaol-headlines

Mikeinsmd

This is why Bush sends hurricanes to eradicate these people!!! 8 kids and ungrateful!! Let them go back & live in their cess pool. They should have drowned!! :duh:

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
Mikeinsmd said:
This is why Bush sends hurricanes to eradicate these people!!! 8 kids and ungrateful!! Let them go back & live in their cess pool. They should have drowned!! :duh:
:yikes: shocking comment. but.................too funny!! :killingme

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
I believe there are three sides to a story, the third of course being the truth. I can believe that the church may have overdone the "checking on them, making sure they are doing what (we) think is necessary to rebuild their lives" thing.

I know if I was in the position I would not want to barged upon or told when to wake up, that total situation is depressing and I am sure bad news is still arising for the family (bills), so they probably didn't want to get out of bed some days.

People don't get over relationship break-ups within 3mos, how can anyone get over this kind of loss so soon. On the other hand, leaving the house in disarray is a :nono: Regardless how you may feel someone treated you, a second wrong will never make it right.

I imagine with 8 children depending on ages, the tore up house was probably closer to home for the Browns than people realized. Some people just can't keep a handle on their children. But it's interesting that mom Brown has managed to keep dad Brown around. The silver lining :yay:

It's better that the church did this donation than an individual. That is why I opted to donate money and volunteered my time.

Ponytail

If they think that "MD sucks", wait till they return to THEIR house in NO! :lol: I think they might find that someone has spray painted on their house as well, if there is one.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I have been to 47 of the 50 states, and Louisiana is the nastiest. The smell before the Hurricane was disgusting - urine and rotting trash. I doubt that it is any worse now.

These people are obviously part of the entitlement society. They want to be given everything with no strings attached.

Charity and welfare should be programs that help you get back on your feet when the S### hits the fan. People who believe that they are entitled to live off of the rest of society should be exterminated.

S

Shutterbug

MMDad said:
Charity and welfare should be programs that help you get back on your feet when the S### hits the fan. People who believe that they are entitled to live off of the rest of society should be exterminated.
That should be the new welfare slogan. :jet: