Ken HELP!

HORUS

Better than YOU.
Originally posted by pixiegirl
The insurance lady is sending me pics today. She did tell me that there were NO, I repeat NO bolts in the back bumper cover at all it was only held on by clips. That can't be safe.

Most small car nowadays have front and rear bumper covers that are held on by clips or a two part pop clip and retainer like a button fastener. But you dont have to take my word for it..

Believe it or not the bumpers are made to "break away" during an impact as a way of defecting and redirecting the force applied during the impact it's self... Considering that most cars nowadays only have a "foam"(yes I said foam... as in styrifoam s/p) bumper in the first place the metal bolt vs. a plastic clip isn't going to make that much difference either way...

HORUS

Better than YOU.
Originally posted by PFgal
Re-read the thread - she already said she didn't know it had prior damage.

Thank you very much for clarifying that for me... I'm going to go sit back in the corner with my dunce cap on... OK. :stupid:

K

Karma_Koala

Pixie,

I think dealerships in the state of Maryland only have to disclose something to a buyer if there was frame damage. I could, however, be wrong.