Kerry calls US troops 'terrorists'...

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Just another reason that politicians need to stay the hell out of war. That includes Bush, Kerry, Kennedy, all of them. They don't know what the hell is going on and all they need to do is say where to go and let the Generals and Admirals take care of the rest.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Disagree...

Bustem' Down said:
Just another reason that politicians need to stay the hell out of war. That includes Bush, Kerry, Kennedy, all of them. They don't know what the hell is going on and all they need to do is say where to go and let the Generals and Admirals take care of the rest.

...we are unique in that our military is run by we, the people, through our elected reps, in this case, the President.

As messy as it gets, it should and must be this way because they are acting in our name, not some dictator or Czar. It's Bush's job as CIC to lay down the goals of the war, as you say, and, if he chooses, to interfere or mess with details until his hearts content. Then we approve or not of HIS job at the ballot box.

I have no problem with Kerry calling our guys 'terrorists' per se. I just want him to be help accountable, like all politicians, at the ballot box, because, in this case, I think he is WAY off base.

Is this man your representative, Massachusetts?

Pete

Repete
Larry Gude said:
Is this man your representative, Massachusetts?
I would love to see him ousted next election. If the RNC had any nads at all they would do an all out assault on him.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
In what sense...

Jam4eva said:
I what sense did Kerry call U.S. troops terrorists?

...do you...

and there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women,

...not get it?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pete said:
If the RNC had any nads at all they would do an all out assault on him.
I'll tell you what's rude:

You know that female Rep that read the letter from the Marine, saying "cowards run, Marines never do"? Well, the DNC has done an all out assault on her in her district -billboards, newspaper ads - the works. One of the papers wouldn't run the ad because they said it was too negative. So the DNC is SUING them!!!!!

:killingme

I heard it on the news last night - I'll try and run down a link.

Pete

Repete
Jam4eva said:
I guess not. Or maybe you don't understand the difference between the verb "terrorize" and the noun "terrorist."
Isn't the verb "terrorize" what the noun "terrorists" do?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Didn't you ever watch Barney?

Jam4eva said:
I guess not. Or maybe you don't understand the difference between the verb "terrorize" and the noun "terrorist."

What does a terrorist do???

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ohhh!!!!!

Jam4eva said:
No, it's not.

...nice try! This CLOSE but, sorry, you got it wrong.

A terrorist engages in terrorism which is the use of terror as a means to an end.

Thanks for playing, Mr. Massachusetts, study up and better luck next time!

Jam4eva

To terrorize is to threaten or intimidate. A terrorist is one who conducts acts of terrorism. While an act of terrorism may be threatening or intimidating, all gestures that threaten or intimidate are not acts of terrorism.

dustin

UAIOE
That shows you how stupid he is by him using the word in that context, regardless if he actually meant it parallels the actions of terrorists.

It's the equivalent of saying "bomb" outloud in an airport security line.