Key Bridge Collapse In Baltimore

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
""

Maryland: Ship hits Francis Scott Key Bridge causing it to collapse

The Maryland Transportation Authority said that all lanes are closed in both directions

The Francis Scott Key Bridge along I-695 in Maryland collapsed into the Baltimore harbor early Tuesday morning.

A livestream of the bridge appeared to show a cargo ship colliding with a support beam, causing the bridge to break and fall into the water.

The Maryland Transportation Authority said on social media that all lanes are closed in both directions and that traffic is being detoured.

Kinnakeet

""

The Maryland Transportation Authority said that all lanes are closed in both directions

The Francis Scott Key Bridge along I-695 in Maryland collapsed into the Baltimore harbor early Tuesday morning.

A livestream of the bridge appeared to show a cargo ship colliding with a support beam, causing the bridge to break and fall into the water.

The Maryland Transportation Authority said on social media that all lanes are closed in both directions and that traffic is being detoured.

How does that happen with todays technology.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What a disaster. No ships in or out of the terminal now....beltway on east side shut off... Good thing it didn't happen at 0730 when the bridge is a parking lot.

USCG report on this one is going to be interesting. Ship would have been under the direction of a Baltimore pilot at the time.

GregV814

hmmmmmmmm... last year, huge suspicious fires distracted the population from the Administrations actions AND crippled Americans supply lines..
Is it folly that this ELECTION years antics may include strangling cities with bridge disasters? I'm gonna pass on WW Bridge, or the 301 Thomas Johnson by pass.....

Heyyyyy..... how 'bout those ships at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge....

San Fran's Golden Gate, New Yorks Verrazano,, Oh, the Florida Keys.....

Reactions: BOP

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Went out on a cruise ship in Feb, looked like we were going to hit the darn thing.

They probably didn't factor in the extra high tide.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
""

Holy sh*t. That's almost like watching the Twin Towers fall.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
""

Good thing MTA is on the job, never would have figured lanes would be closed in both directions.. it's their astute observations that prevent tragedies from happ.... oh wait.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Good thing MTA is on the job, never would have figured lanes would be closed in both directions.. it's their astute observations that prevent tragedies from happ.... oh wait.
They were also on the ball enough to send a notice that the commuter bus I ride from southern maryland to DC would not be affected.

Reactions: BOP

TPD

the poor dad
Sri Lanka ETA April 22nd - what are the odds it makes it on time?
Sri Lanka.png