Key Bridge Collapse In Baltimore

glhs837

Power with Control
Interesting

I'm sorry, they lose me when they jump to Cyber as if its a fact. Have these conspiracy folks ever explained how they think someone affected onboard systems from off of the vessel? Of just handwave in the direction of a one off test event of equipment that hasn't been fielded and certainly not by random foreign fleet cargo vessels. I mean these ships are not really connected in the way that you can affect major systems from offboard.

To me, thats akin to someone pointing to a PWN to OWN event where someone found a back door into Teslas infotainment and made the turn signals light up as proof that someone took control of my 2015 Jeep and made it crash.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🌪️🌪️ But that wasn’t all for Texas, which experienced another noteworthy disaster this week. The AP ran the story Thursday, headlined, “Barge hits bridge connecting Galveston and Pelican Island, causing partial collapse and oil spill.” It’s the third one this year.

image 6.png

While the damage was limited, officials say the Pelican Island bridge will probably be closed for the foreseeable future. The article described the accident happened after a tug “lost control of” the barge, and boom. That’s it.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

It’s like how there is nothing to see over at the Francis Scott Key Bridge accident scene. I was surprised to discover this week that the FBI — not normally involved in marine accidents — has locked the Dali’s crew on board the ship — even during the explosives operations this week while workers tried to pry the boat off the bridge wreckage.

And that was still not all. According to this week’s UK Independent, the FBI has also mysteriously confiscated the crew’s cell phones. So the sailors can’t leave or call anybody. According to the story, the local seafarer’s aid society is still trying to get them new phones (although another story suggested they have received replacements).

The collision occurred in March:

image 7.png

The FBI said the entire crew has visa problems, so they must stay on board. Please, no border jokes. The sailors’ cell phones are, apparently, part of the FBI’s investigation into criminal negligence (rather than the NTSB, for some unexplained reason).

It’s totally normal.

Don’t feel wrong to wonder about these odd events. Even the Independent’s news barge crashed right into the FBI’s lack of clarity:

image 13.png

Why don’t they just go ahead and admit it was an infrastructure cyber-attack provoked by Biden’s foreign policy? It seems like that would be much easier than dreaming up all these ridiculous cover stories.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just saw an article, didn't verify it, that there were stolen vehicles on the Dali. doesn't surprise me at all.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Heard on the morning news that the channel is now fully opened to all traffic. 2026 at the earliest for a new bridge, but they haven't picked a contractor yet.

herb749

Heard on the morning news that the channel is now fully opened to all traffic. 2026 at the earliest for a new bridge, but they haven't picked a contractor yet.

I saw 2028. At least the roadway leading in and out doesn't need to be built from scratch. Just the main bridge needs to be done.

Tech

I saw 2028. At least the roadway leading in and out doesn't need to be built from scratch. Just the main bridge needs to be done.
That depends on the spec of the new one. What will be the height for ships, too low restricts. How many lanes, bike lane?

Last edited: