DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
My back is killing me.
It feels like a dull stabbing pain.

What did you do to make it feel better?

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Not a Dr. or a nurse but it may be just a kink, from the way you slept or maybe sitting. Roll your shoulders 'like doing' the cabbage patch' to work it out. If it turns sharp or increases please see someone. If its a stone, with or without a history of them, you'll know soon enough. Not to scare but when I had my heart attack at a young 36 I never had chest pain it was in my back. You know you better than anyone and can set the level of pain meter. If it reaches 6 go to get seen by someone. IMHO

:coffee:

C

czygvtwkr

Had one last year, it was the worst pain ever, started like a sore muscle and just got worse and worse. There is nothing you can do to relieve it, the stone either has to move out or be broken up and taken out. The Dr gave me Vicodin and it did nothing for the pain eventually it went away but the stone was still stuck and they had to break it up.

The operation is really minor, they stick a laser up your weiner shoot the stone and then put a tube up there. You get to pull it out yourself in a few days, it really is no big deal but it seems like that tube reaches to your ear. It was a little weird waking up with a hospital bracelet around winkie.

It is the worst pain imaginable, my mom said it was way worse then having a baby.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
OMG 36? Can I ask if you are large?

Large? Thats funny, sorry but anyone can have have a heart attack at any age any size. You don't have to be large. I'm not a bone rack, nor a beached whale. I could drop 20 and it would be a good thing I guess.To keep it isn't such a bad thing. The attack was brought on by pushing the envelope. Doc said 100% STRESS, my life at the time.Two full time jobs, labor jobs not office related and and many other things. More details aren't needed, I tend to keep most personal things personal. Also that was was 23 years ago.

C

czygvtwkr

Large? Thats funny, sorry but anyone can have have a heart attack at any age any size. You don't have to be large. I'm not a bone rack, nor a beached whale. I could drop 20 and it would be a good thing I guess.To keep it isn't such a bad thing. The attack was brought on by pushing the envelope. Doc said 100% STRESS, my life at the time.Two full time jobs, labor jobs not office related and and many other things. More details aren't needed, I tend to keep most personal things personal. Also that was was 23 years ago.

Thanks, I was interested cause I am 39 and have acid reflux so I have chest pain most days.

Roman

It could be many things. The way DW explains it, it almost sounds like a Kidney Infection. Go see a Doctor to get checked out. It wouldn't hurt.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Thanks, I was interested cause I am 39 and have acid reflux so I have chest pain most days.

Thats a horrible problem to have, I know someone who suffers it. Sorry. Keep close check on it, as I'm sure you know it too can cause other problems. Also,if you ever have a slight variation in pain get checked, don't assume.

Sorry if I came off a little snippy(reread my post) I really tried not to, but the size thing hit a nerve. Not so much with you. It ticks me that if you go to the Dr. with a hangnail these days, they try to say its because you're overweight. Thats what clicked. Back in the day Dr.s looked further and then diagnosed. Now its in and out like McDonalds.Anyway...

Chest/back pain is a tough one to call. So many things it can be, I say better safe than sorry, anyone having problems should get it checked. I thought my back pain was a pulled muscle.

C

czygvtwkr

Thats a horrible problem to have, I know someone who suffers it. Sorry. Keep close check on it, as I'm sure you know it too can cause other problems. Also,if you ever have a slight variation in pain get checked, don't assume.

Sorry if I came off a little snippy(reread my post) I really tried not to, but the size thing hit a nerve. Not so much with you. It ticks me that if you go to the Dr. with a hangnail these days, they try to say its because you're overweight. Thats what clicked. Back in the day Dr.s looked further and then diagnosed. Now its in and out like McDonalds.Anyway...

Chest/back pain is a tough one to call. So many things it can be, I say better safe than sorry, anyone having problems should get it checked. I thought my back pain was a pulled muscle.

It's all good, I am overweight, definitely didn't want to point any fingers was just curious and shocked that you had a heart attack at 36. Personally I think stress and genetics play a bigger part than weight in that regard. In my old job I was constantly under stress because unreasonable expectations and constantly changing rules and I blame that for my reflux problems.

Roman

It's all good, I am overweight, definitely didn't want to point any fingers was just curious and shocked that you had a heart attack at 36. Personally I think stress and genetics play a bigger part than weight in that regard. In my old job I was constantly under stress because unreasonable expectations and constantly changing rules and I blame that for my reflux problems.

It's amazing what stress can do to a person. It can even make your hair fall out. When I first got in to medicine, the first question I would ask is if the person was over-weight. I weighed 125 and had cholesterol problems. I thought that was weird. But now I know, over-weight, or not..anyone can have serious heart issues. With Retrodeb's attack at such a young age, I would think it was something genitic. With your reflux, if the tums don't help, go to the E.R., or your Doctor.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Had one last year, it was the worst pain ever, started like a sore muscle and just got worse and worse. There is nothing you can do to relieve it,

one you have the 1st one, you are forever a candidate ..
... I have passed 3 the 1st one in 2000 then 2011 and last yr ....

Percocets just make me go to sleep .... the last one had me in the ER twice, Synthetic Morphine barely took the edge off of the pain

DQ2B

My back is killing me.
It feels like a dull stabbing pain.

What did you do to make it feel better?

Pretty sure you'd know it if it was a kidney stone. Had one once and it had me on the floor begging for someone to put me out of my misery. Pain was, by far, worse than the drug-free delivery of either of my kids.

Pretty sure you'd know it if it was a kidney stone. Had one once and it had me on the floor begging for someone to put me out of my misery. Pain was, by far, worse than the drug-free delivery of either of my kids.

Just hope I never get one. Son had one and he is not one to complain about pain. He was in a bad way though. White faced and sweating.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Just hope I never get one. Son had one and he is not one to complain about pain. He was in a bad way though. White faced and sweating.

That is the way I am. I can handle a lot, but this #### really hurts.
Wife asked me if I wanted to go to the ER, "Hell no".

C

czygvtwkr

That is the way I am. I can handle a lot, but this #### really hurts.
Wife asked me if I wanted to go to the ER, "Hell no".

You better do something, a blocked ureter could lead to kidney failure.

C

czygvtwkr

one you have the 1st one, you are forever a candidate ..
... I have passed 3 the 1st one in 2000 then 2011 and last yr ....

Percocets just make me go to sleep .... the last one had me in the ER twice, Synthetic Morphine barely took the edge off of the pain

I am hoping this is my only one, my mom only had one and that was 30 years ago.

I didn't drink enough water, the day before I was dehydrated, too much soda and salt. Ever since I drink so much water that I have to take a big pee every hour, before it was once or twice a day.