Kirsten Gillibrand, Genius

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Recent (last night, April 8) comments from Senator Gillibrand on tactical nuclear weapons.

One mistake is funny, but a bit understandable.

The other shows how out of TOUCH she is; how unfit to be a C-in-C she is. (Attempt at a groaner here.)

You want to talk about inept, incompetent, unfit? One of our esteemed fellow forum members may have gotten the right state when ranting/raving/raging, but our friend got the person wrong.

#Lightweight

"When you say you want to develop low-yield nuclear weapons that are tactile, what you're saying is you want to use them," she said. The senator poo-pooed any notion of deterrence or the ability to strike back after an enemy's nuclear attack, and declared that she opposed the entire defense bill because of the one provision for low-yield nuclear weapons.

"If I am president, I’m going to make sure we unwind that," she added.

"They're trying to create nuclear weapons that are usable," Gillibrand warned. "I don't think we should be trying to create tactile nuclear weapons. Not only is it a waste of money, but it increases the risk of actually using them."

(Emphases mine.)

Point A: It's "tactical," not "tactile."
Point B: Of course we're trying to create usable nukes. Just beggars belief....

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
Who briefs these people? Really. This isnt rocket science and should really take about 15 minutes with a decent PowerPoint to Barney the crap out of this so that even a politician can understand it.

BOP

Recent (last night, April 8) comments from Senator Gillibrand on tactical nuclear weapons.

One mistake is funny, but a bit understandable.

The other shows how out of TOUCH she is; how unfit to be a C-in-C she is. (Attempt at a groaner here.)

You want to talk about inept, incompetent, unfit? One of our esteemed fellow forum members may have gotten the right state when ranting/raving/raging, but our friend got the person wrong.

#Lightweight

(Emphases mine.)

Point A: It's "tactical," not "tactile."
Point B: Of course we're trying to create usable nukes. Just beggars belief....

--- End of line (MCP)
Maybe she meant "reach out and touch someone" in a nuclear kind of way.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Let's add this here....

--- End of line (MCP)

• Haha
Reactions: BOP