Kitchen remodel

SandieGarry

Who does Kitchen Re Model I thinking of redoing my entire kitchen floor and all.
What all do you need done? I'm assuming demo of existing cabinets and flooring. Are you moving plumbing? Electric? Any drywall repair? Paint? Tile backsplash on the new work? Just curious because a larger job cuts the potential list of qualified contractors.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

I would add, before you start down the kitchen remodel road, is to pencil out all the elements of the work you want to have done. If you are demoing the floors to the plywood and walls to the studs, it is a great/super opportunity to add, or remove and add, and rearrange things.

So get out that measuring tape and put on paper the raw overall dimensions of your kitchen area including the window locations, then add the elements, electrical outlets, stove location, sink, refrigerator, cabinets, recessed lighting locations, etc.. This will become your blueprint. It is also great, when applying the new floor, to take that new flooring wall to wall so that the new floor cabinets can rest upon it. It makes things like leveling so much easier. Also, you might want to consider getting a cabinet depth refrigerator so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. And be sure to account for the total width of a new refrigerator, or your current one, when measuring out everything for a perfect fit.

And .... for the area above the stove, to have plenty of openness, ensure that only a vent hood is used and mounted at the maximum height, 36" above the stove to the bottom of the vent, under a shorter top cabinet. You will be surprised how much better it is to have all that space above the stove opened up.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Who does Kitchen Re Model I thinking of redoing my entire kitchen floor and all.
I used Dean for the cabinets, but did most of the pre-work myself. Two Point reinforced the ceiling so I could remove walls and install new insulation, framing, doors, plank ceiling, electric, lighting. Had a new floor put in by Southern Maryland (see Vrai's post), cabinets and install by Dean. Had Griffin sand, repair and re-finish the adjoining oak floor.

In my case, one vendor just couldn't do everything I wanted, so I used multiple vendors and became the 'coordinator'.

SandieGarry

I used Dean for the cabinets, but did most of the pre-work myself. Two Point reinforced the ceiling so I could remove walls and install new insulation, framing, doors, plank ceiling, electric, lighting. Had a new floor put in by Southern Maryland (see Vrai's post), cabinets and install by Dean. Had Griffin sand, repair and re-finish the adjoining oak floor.

In my case, one vendor just couldn't do everything I wanted, so I used multiple vendors and became the 'coordinator'.

Great way to do. For one thing, you have more control.

Kinnakeet

What all do you need done? I'm assuming demo of existing cabinets and flooring. Are you moving plumbing? Electric? Any drywall repair? Paint? Tile backsplash on the new work? Just curious because a larger job cuts the potential list of qualified contractors.
Tile floor removed I can tear out the old,new granite counter top tired of the old one and new cabinets/ Refrigerator,stove and dishwasher will stay in the same location and new floor have not made up my mind if Im going with new tile or that vinyl that looks like hard wood flooring and new trim on the floor.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
that vinyl that looks like hard wood flooring
That's what I put in. Wood-look vinyl over fiberglass over cork. Feels really good underfoot, waterproof (itself, not the floor underneath) and doesn't sound hollow. You'll regret going cheap on the flooring.

DaSDGuy

Charles Carroll construction did ours. Ordered custom kitchen cabinets from 84 lumber, tile flooring and glass tile backsplash from Parran's Flooring Center in Leonardtown, quartz counter tops from Solid Rock out of La Plata. CCC installed the cabinets, recessed led lights, appliances, sink, etc., and arranged the electrician, replacement of the subfloors with concrete board, floor leveling and tile installation, and painting. We even put in a ten foot wide coffee/tea bar with overhead glass door cabinets and internal lights. Under cabinet led lighting is nice too.

We needed two walls removed so a bunch of drywall was replaced.

The new kitchen is awesome.

elewawike

It's always refreshing to give a space a makeover. When it comes to finding the right professionals for a kitchen remodel, you might want to consider local contractors or renovation companies with good reviews and portfolios. I'm currently working on sprucing up my dining area. Lighting is a crucial part of the design, and I've been eyeing some unique chandeliers to create a stunning focal point. If you're interested, I've been checking out some fantastic options on seuslighting.com. They have a diverse selection that might inspire your kitchen project.

Last edited: