Knee injury

SpriteZero

Would a heating pad help?

Cold or hot?

RICE..
Rest, Ice Compression, Elevation.

Need to stop the bleeding in the joint..ICE ONE
Get blood flowing back into knee..ICE OFF.

Do for 3 days until swelling is gone.
Wrap will help ..
and then start building up your quad muscles...the tighter the quads, the tighter/stronger the knee joint.
And the Advil is magical!!

Feel better soon!!! :huggy:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
RICE..
Rest, Ice Compression, Elevation.

Need to stop the bleeding in the joint..ICE ONE
Get blood flowing back into knee..ICE OFF.

Do for 3 days until swelling is gone.
Wrap will help ..
and then start building up your quad muscles...the tighter the quads, the tighter/stronger the knee joint.
And the Advil is magical!!

Feel better soon!!! :huggy:

:yeahthat: Do some squats and get back to us.

This is what you do...

Backup to the kitchen counter and hold on to the counter to steady yourself... squat straight down then come back up (your hands can move down, just to steady yourself)...

If you have a sharp "pain" in either side of the kneecap, or behind it as you stand up - you tore your meniscus... a shot of cortisone can take care of a minor tear, but usually arthroscopic surgery will take care of it...

Go see Dr. Sabloff in Waldorf and tell him I said hi! My wife and I have frequent flyer miles with him... I swear we have paid to put his kids through college!

For now, if it is swollen, ice on and ice off for 20 minute cycles... once the swelling goes away for 48 hours you can apply heat to ease the discomfort.

Good luck!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
If your knee starts to sound like a bag of marbles when you go up the stairs, then time for a little artho'.