Kraft Draws Ire for Road Kill Candy

Bogart

virgovictoria said:
What's fun kids :azzhole: is that you have them so readily available. AND knowing that everyone, at least just about everyone that solicits an input, is animal friendly. Putting these pictures up to make a point about harmless candy is just insane. Watching Wyle E. Coyote cartoons as a kid probably made you wander around the neighborhood with pictures of coyotes with their skulls bashed in too, huh?
It's called google. And supporting making money from a caricature of animal suffering is not animal friendly.

C

czygvtwkr

Bogart said:
It's called google. And supporting making money from a caricature of animal suffering is not animal friendly.

Yes but its not like it encourages it, or affects it in any way for that manner.

Bogart

czygvtwkr said:
Yes but its not like it encourages it, or affects it in any way for that manner.
Kinda like calling someone a retard doesn't encourage them to be retarded or affect the degree of their retardation? :confused:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
czygvtwkr said:

Or profits from it, or sends home an instructional how-to booklet, or a website for organizational info...

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Bogart said:
Kinda like calling someone a retard doesn't encourage them to be retarded or affect the degree of their retardation? :confused:

Yeah, I can see how that makes sense.

Bogart

virgovictoria said:
Or profits from it, or sends home an instructional how-to booklet, or a website for organizational info...
So they aren't selling this candy to make a profit?

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Alrighty ... I'll be serious for a second. I see Bogie's issue here and agree. Some things are just inappropriate and this is one of 'em. Having the right to do something doesn't make it necessarily 'right'.

A month or so ago, a kid at DQ's school announced that he was gay (and he didn't mean happy). Did that make DQ wanna be gay? Will it make her gay when she gets older? No ... but was it appropriate for him to announce in a room full of 5-6 year olds? No!

Common sense needs to prevail at some point ... the lack of it is what hurts society, IMO. Is the candy company sooooo hard up for ideas to make a buck they had to resort to this? :shrug: If so, they deserve the onslaught of complaints!

K

Kizzy

That is gross, I mean I eat animal crackers and sure when I was a kid, I'd bite the heads off and show my friends, but this is just sick. :boo:

K

Kain99

Kizzy said:
That is gross, I mean I eat animal crackers and sure when I was a kid, I'd bite the heads off and show my friends, but this is just sick. :boo:
Seriously! Now we are gonna have kids across America running over animals so they can eat em! :lol:

Bogart

I used to work with a grown man who bragged of intentionally running down animals. I secretly wanted to vandalize his vehicle. ####ing Eagles fans.

crabcake

In further consideration, and sort of on the flip-side, at what point do you say someone/a group is going overboard with it's demands for political correctness? :shrug:

Kain99 said:
Seriously! Now we are gonna have kids across America running over animals so they can eat em! :lol:
don't they do this in some states, already? :shrug:

crabcake

Bogart said:
####ing Eagles fans.
:nono: Now don't go stereotyping. NP's an Eagles fan, and she wouldn't hurt a mouse. The only common trait of people who would hurt animals is that they are all puss-filled, blistering asses.

K

Kizzy

Kain99 said:

That is extreme, but who thinks up this crap?

The guy coming in from smoking crack last night and says "hey, you know what would be funny, roadkill snacks." :twitch:

nomoney

Is it that big of a deal :shrug: don't buy the dayum things....

personally I'll stick to the little plastic cows that shiat out brown colored jelly beans :yay:

K

Kizzy

nomoney said:
Is it that big of a deal :shrug: don't buy the dayum things....

personally I'll stick to the little plastic cows that shiat out brown colored jelly beans :yay:

But that is funny. A cow that shiats out brown jelly beans. Are the jelly beans root beer flavored? :yum:

It is just the whole "road kill" thought that is gross.

nomoney

crabcake said:
:lmao: but :confused: too ... what are those? :shrug:

they have different animals of course...easter is usually a chicken or a rabbit....I always see them at Walmart during some candy holiday and always end up picking one up for my sister.