L.E.M. Meat Processing Products

Does anybody in SoMD sell L.E.M. brand products? Looking for the bags for storing ground meat in.

bulldog

I have not found them locally, but have ordered them directly from LEM and also gotten them at Bass Pro. Just picked up 100 of them, so if you're in a pinch I can help you out. Otherwise, I'll be going by BPS this weekend and could pick them up for you if need be.

I know I can get them online. I plan to order them that way in large numbers.

I am trying to find a place I can get them NOW, not 3 days from now. Need to replace the ones I have used in my buddy's grinder. I've used many more than I expected.

How about casings? We are making sausage and need casings. There is a rumor that southern states carries them. Anybody know if in fact they do?

I may be taking bulldog up on his offer to pick them up at BPS for me this weekend.

somdshootnet

I know I can get them online. I plan to order them that way in large numbers.

I am trying to find a place I can get them NOW, not 3 days from now. Need to replace the ones I have used in my buddy's grinder. I've used many more than I expected.

How about casings? We are making sausage and need casings. There is a rumor that southern states carries them. Anybody know if in fact they do?

I may be taking bulldog up on his offer to pick them up at BPS for me this weekend.

Easy now LOL, we'z justa trying ta help. Nick's of Clinton has the casings and so does Gray's Market on 224 in Marbury, not sure where you are, but...

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
I've gotten casings at McKay's on Great Mills Road before. Don't know if they still carry them, I no longer stuff sausage, just make the small breakfast links.

Doctor

Dr. Mat
Does anybody in SoMD sell L.E.M. brand products? Looking for the bags for storing ground meat in.

Not all bags are created the same. Found that out the hard way by buying 10,000 BAD ones. I just finished them up.
Meat Bags : Butcher & Packer
Sells the EZ-Pak ones. They are the good ones. I am done with LEM. Their prices are high and have screwed me to many times on back orders.

McKay’s sells casings but they need to be soaked so plan ahead.

Butcher Packer, I ordered Wednesday before Thanksgiving and it was delivered Monday

I repeat, I am done with LEM but in a pinch I think Southern States sells them

Not all bags are created the same. Found that out the hard way by buying 10,000 BAD ones. I just finished them up.
Sells the EZ-Pak ones. They are the good ones. I am done with LEM. Their prices are high and have screwed me to many times on back orders.

Butcher Packer, I ordered Wednesday before Thanksgiving and it was delivered Monday

What was your complaint with the L.E.M. bags, other than price and backorder? Out of 50+ bags I have used so far, 1 had a small hole in the side. That is the only complaint I have.

Doctor

Dr. Mat
What was your complaint with the L.E.M. bags, other than price and backorder? Out of 50+ bags I have used so far, 1 had a small hole in the side. That is the only complaint I have.

Get the Ez-Pak bags, never had one hole in 1,000.
LEM bags are not to par. Out of 10,000 over 1/4 of them had pin holes or more in them.

As for back orders. I ordered plates and knifes from them. 3 sets. All were said to be on back order and all shipped within the next three days in separate boxes. 7-12 plates and blades cost the same amount to ship. I canceled the order as soon as they sent me an email saying they were on back order and they said it was too late, order was processed and the items are now in stock. All in a matter of hours.
Save your money and buy from someone else

bulldog

I have had the opposite experience with LEM. Have been using their bags for years to stuff breakfast sausage and burger, never a hole in a single bag.
I have also bought a lot of equipment from them; Grinder, stuffer, knives, tape machine, meat lugs, etc, etc, and always had very good service. The grinder I purchased was a re-built one and after a couple of uses I had a problem. Called them and they had me send it back at their cost. Since they did not have another re-built one, they sent me a brand new one at no extra cost. Been using it since then with no problems. I like LEM and will continue to do business with them.

Huntr1: I have a package of 100 bags on hand. If you need your bags NOW, we can figure something out.

bulldog

I will agree that the prices are better at Butcher & Packer. At least for the bags. Did not look at other items.

Huntr1: I have a package of 100 bags on hand. If you need your bags NOW, we can figure something out.
Thanks. Found additional bags in the bottom of the grinder box. No rush to get them now. We're going to put together a large order and get everything at once.

FYI, McKays in Charlotte Hall does carry sausage casing.

Doctor

Dr. Mat
I have had the opposite experience with LEM. Have been using their bags for years to stuff breakfast sausage and burger, never a hole in a single bag.
I have also bought a lot of equipment from them; Grinder, stuffer, knives, tape machine, meat lugs, etc, etc, and always had very good service. The grinder I purchased was a re-built one and after a couple of uses I had a problem. Called them and they had me send it back at their cost. Since they did not have another re-built one, they sent me a brand new one at no extra cost. Been using it since then with no problems. I like LEM and will continue to do business with them.

Trust me I have spend thousands with LEM. The backorder crap is what really put me over the edge.
The bags they may have changed, I bought mine about two years ago