LA Dodgers' Manny Ramirez Suspended

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
La Times baseball sportswriter, Bill Plaschke is saying the Dodgers have to let Ramirez go..........heard him on ESPN just a few minutes earlier.

"He's a cheat, and he (Ramirez)has suckered the LA baseball fans in". Ouch!

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I read where he was going to appeal the suspension, because he may not have been aware he was taking them due to a medical reason, but after consulting with MLB officials, he decided to abide by their suspension. :rolleyes:

And to think my kid has his Red Sox jersey and wore his number. :frown:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
ESPN has been all over this story for the last 3 hours. They have leaked it out - that the drug Manny ingested is something known as HTG or HTB, supposedly a female fertility drug, that boosts male testosterone(sp?) levels in the male body.

It is also known to help the male system recover from repeated steroid use.

According to ESPN..............:popcorn:

thurley42

HY;FR
this song is getting played out...people act shocked and appalled everytime another star gets caught...Face it..they all did it! Whether it was pain killers, steroids, hgh, uppers..whatever...

I mean come on..Paul Byrd extremely religious, old timer got popped for HGH abuse...i'm not suprised...nor am I disgusted with Manny...if everyone is doing it is it really cheating?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Question is, to me - WTF is a guy doing - taking a female fertility drug??

Or, is there much more to this story, that is going to emerge? :whistle:

Update: The drug is called HCG; never heard of it before today....

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I am praying to every God in the heavens that the Sox and the Dodgers make the Series. Can you IMAGINE Fenway when that stupid piece of #### steps out of the dugout????

Are you saying there might be a mixture of a few BOOS and cheers for Manny?!?? :killingme

Beta84

They're out to get us
ESPN has been all over this story for the last 3 hours. They have leaked it out - that the drug Manny ingested is something known as HTG or HTB, supposedly a female fertility drug, that boosts male testosterone(sp?) levels in the male body.

It is also known to help the male system recover from repeated steroid use.

According to ESPN..............:popcorn:

Question is, to me - WTF is a guy doing - taking a female fertility drug??

Or, is there much more to this story, that is going to emerge? :whistle:

Update: The drug is called HCG; never heard of it before today....

I'd answer your question but it appears you already answered it. C'mon there tiger. If he was caught with a substance that is known to be related to roids and has virtually no other use for men, then why do you think he was using it?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I'd answer your question but it appears you already answered it. C'mon there tiger. If he was caught with a substance that is known to be related to roids and has virtually no other use for men, then why do you think he was using it?

ESPN has been VERY careful about touching that possibility......

My guess is they don't want to be seen as "jumping the gun". :lmao:

T

toppick08

lol ya RIP Babe...perhaps the biggest substance abuser in the history of the game...

I mean I love Babe Ruth, but bad example...

Yeah....but he still swung the bat all natural...along with Aaron..fastest wrists ever...:buddies:........Bonds is a cheat also.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
this song is getting played out...people act shocked and appalled everytime another star gets caught...Face it..they all did it! Whether it was pain killers, steroids, hgh, uppers..whatever...

I mean come on..Paul Byrd extremely religious, old timer got popped for HGH abuse...i'm not suprised...nor am I disgusted with Manny...if everyone is doing it is it really cheating?

I don't think they 'all' do it though it seems obvious that many do. The issue, to me, is baseball itself, the owners, what do they care about? Maryland is sending some people to jail for cheating on fish. Whatever your view of that, Maryland takes it seriously.

Baseball could simply take back money from players caught cheating, make it part of the contract if they wanted it stopped. Kicking a guy out for 50 games or a season or two or three or forever, yet not taking away the money they earned by cheating, is simply saying that this is more or less OK.

:buddies:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I don't think they 'all' do it though it seems obvious that many do. The issue, to me, is baseball itself, the owners, what do they care about? Maryland is sending some people to jail for cheating on fish. Whatever your view of that, Maryland takes it seriously.

Baseball could simply take back money from players caught cheating, make it part of the contract if they wanted it stopped. Kicking a guy out for 50 games or a season or two or three or forever, yet not taking away the money they earned by cheating, is simply saying that this is more or less OK.

:buddies:

I'm pretty sure I saw a factoid on ESPN, where they say Manny is going to lose around $7.5 million dollars over this incident.

We'll see what happens next.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm pretty sure I saw a factoid on ESPN, where they say Manny is going to lose around $7.5 million dollars over this incident.

We'll see what happens next.

He's going to lose future salary for the games he's suspended for.

If they want this to stop, they need to go after these fine folks for what they've already earned.

The entire purpose of doing steroids is to not only get to a level where you are paid to play a game for a living, but to get to a mega contract. If you risk losing what you've already earned, now we're talking serious.