LA Dodgers' Manny Ramirez Suspended

thurley42

HY;FR
Yeah....but he still swung the bat all natural...along with Aaron..fastest wrists ever...:buddies:........Bonds is a cheat also.

lol......only because it wasn't available at the time...don't act like the old greats weren't cheaters..they just cheated in different ways.

thurley42

HY;FR
I don't think they 'all' do it though it seems obvious that many do. The issue, to me, is baseball itself, the owners, what do they care about? Maryland is sending some people to jail for cheating on fish. Whatever your view of that, Maryland takes it seriously.

Baseball could simply take back money from players caught cheating, make it part of the contract if they wanted it stopped. Kicking a guy out for 50 games or a season or two or three or forever, yet not taking away the money they earned by cheating, is simply saying that this is more or less OK.

:buddies:

i'm sure not every single person does/did it...but I would be willing to put money on the fact that the overwhelming majority did. ESPN said last night that 7 of the top 10 HR hitters from the last 15 years have been caught up in implications....

Larry Gude

Strung Out
i'm sure not every single person does/did it...but I would be willing to put money on the fact that the overwhelming majority did. ESPN said last night that 7 of the top 10 HR hitters from the last 15 years have been caught up in implications....

You're probably right.

The sports talkers are already washing their hands.

"Well, I didn't support McGuire for HOF or Bonds or Clemens, but, I guess if i have to be consistent I can't support Manny, but hey, I mean, at some point don't we have to say that too many people were doing it for it to matter any more?"

donbarzini

You're probably right.

The sports talkers are already washing their hands.

"Well, I didn't support McGuire for HOF or Bonds or Clemens, but, I guess if i have to be consistent I can't support Manny, but hey, I mean, at some point don't we have to say that too many people were doing it for it to matter any more?"

What they need is for Congress to step in and say this: "The owners and the MLBPA get together NOW and agree on a Commissioner with some balls(no pun intended) who is not an owner nor related to an owner and answerable to only us. If you don't we pull your Anti-trust exemption. AND we make it illegal to finance any further stadii with public funds of any kind.".

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
No he won't Charlie has a World Seies Championship.. Now what?

I suppose Manny could invest in a dosage of Rogaine, or even a box of "Just For Men", to color his locks...

But after hearing he took some Female Fertility Drugs, I'm not so sure anymore! :killingme