Lancaster County Pa.

OldHillcrestGuy

They have been doing alot of advertising on TV lately about Lancaster County. Its kind of made me think I might want to check it out, go up for a couple of days and take in the area. Alot of bed and breakfast places, has anyone on the forums stayed at any of them and which ones were good or which ones to stay away from. Looks like there are alot of things to see and do, besides the amusement parks.
Last time I was up in Lancaster was 32 years ago to go to the outlets Im sure its changed.

belvak

Happy Camper
They have been doing alot of advertising on TV lately about Lancaster County. Its kind of made me think I might want to check it out, go up for a couple of days and take in the area. Alot of bed and breakfast places, has anyone on the forums stayed at any of them and which ones were good or which ones to stay away from. Looks like there are alot of things to see and do, besides the amusement parks.
Last time I was up in Lancaster was 32 years ago to go to the outlets Im sure its changed.

:howdy: It's probably been close to 20 years since Hubby and I went up. We're thinking of planning a long weekend in the fall. I would be interested in any feedback too.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We went up there a few years ago for a summer vacation. We didn't stay at a B&B, we rented a house. We have kids so most of the vacation was centered on them (Dutch Wonderland, Hershey Park) but we did go on a great train ride. Train rides are standards on our vacation as hubby loves steam trains. I'll have to look through our pictures to remember what else we did and get back to you.

OldHillcrestGuy

:howdy: It's probably been close to 20 years since Hubby and I went up. We're thinking of planning a long weekend in the fall. I would be interested in any feedback too.

Going south in September to Myrtle Beach for 8 days so it would proably the fall, maybe early October before I'd head to Pa..

Cowgirl

I only drove through on my way to Lititz, but it was very lovely! I'd like to go back and spend a day or two there.

belvak

Happy Camper
Going south in September to Myrtle Beach for 8 days so it would proably the fall, maybe early October before I'd head to Pa..

We'll probably be hitting Myrtle sometime in February. We have been dropping Hubby's Mom off at her Cousin's house the last couple of years for a week, then picking her up. We also want to try to fit a trip to Maine in our schedule. A friend and his wife moved up there and he has been trying to get us to come visit them at their "cottage." Just found out today, this is his place! :faint: Now I can't wait to go!!

Blue Tulip | Garden Boutique, Landscaping, Lodging | Tenants Harbor, Maine

Too much to do and not enough time to do it all!!! Wish I could retire... :ohwell:

ginwoman

We went to Lancaster a year ago. Very commercialized. If I want to see an Amish I can ride around in St. Mary's Co. Prices are high....definately a tourist town. Some of the views were beautiful.

tes218

I only drove through on my way to Lititz, but it was very lovely! I'd like to go back and spend a day or two there.

Beautiful Bed and Breakfast in Lititz on a Wolf Sanctuary - Lancaster bed and breakfast - Speedwell Forge B&B - Near Amish and all of Pennsylvania Dutch country. Pennsylvania Bed and Breakfast,Lititz Bed and Breakfast, B&B, Girlfriend getaways,Ladies getaways,Getaways,Retreats,Honeymoon,Anniversary,Specials

We went to Lancaster last weekend. My husband grew up there. We went to the Wolf Sanctuary, to the Sight and Sound Theatre in Lancaster and played on an awesome mini-golf course near by in Strasburg. Village Greens Miniature Golf - Strasburg, Pennsylvania Dutch Country / Lancaster County, PA

Great food at the Good and Plenty. Good 'N Plenty Restaurant & Bakery | Home

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
We'll probably be hitting Myrtle sometime in February. We have been dropping Hubby's Mom off at her Cousin's house the last couple of years for a week, then picking her up. We also want to try to fit a trip to Maine in our schedule. A friend and his wife moved up there and he has been trying to get us to come visit them at their "cottage." Just found out today, this is his place! :faint: Now I can't wait to go!!

Blue Tulip | Garden Boutique, Landscaping, Lodging | Tenants Harbor, Maine

Too much to do and not enough time to do it all!!! Wish I could retire... :ohwell:

How long would it take to get to Tenants Harbor from here?

belvak

Happy Camper
How long would it take to get to Tenants Harbor from here?

According to Google Maps, driving directions to ME-131 & Barter Hill Rd, ME 04860 from my house -- 659 mi –- about 11 hours 46 mins. :faint: Long drive, but it looks like it would be well worth the trip! :buddies: