LaRue

sockgirl77

LuLaRoe

Okay, ladies. I have a question. Am I the only one who isn't sold on this new LuLaRoe fad? I see my BEAUTIFUL friends (a lot of them) posting selfies in LuLaRoe dresses every day. Each and everyone of them has a great body. Yet, the dresses make them look fat. The dresses themselves are adorable, but they are just cut wrong. Why are the women around here so in love with dresses that make them look fat?

Last edited:
Okay, ladies. I have a question. Am I the only one who isn't sold on this new LaRue fad? I see my BEAUTIFUL friends (a lot of them) posting selfies in LaRue dresses every day. Each and everyone of them has a great body. Yet, the dresses make them look fat. The dresses themselves are adorable, but they are just cut wrong. Why are the women around here so in love with dresses that make them look fat?

I don't know what that is and when I google it, I see ballgowns.

sockgirl77

Here are some of the dresses. I am sure that they are comfy but they make these pretty girls look frumpy, IMHO.

Attachments

• LulaRoe.jpg
    LulaRoe.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 564
  • lularoeblog2.jpg
    lularoeblog2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 451

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
NO you're not the only one.

I had not heard of the line until reading this thread, but I agree they make them look frumpy. I did look at the clothing online, but none of the clothing fits my style at all.

sockgirl77

NO you're not the only one.

I had not heard of the line until reading this thread, but I agree they make them look frumpy. I did look at the clothing online, but none of the clothing fits my style at all.

I think they are cute and look comfy, but they're just not flattering. I have friends going nuts over them. They're throwing boutique parties and such. There's a huge following here, but I guess it's just not my style. I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I guess that none of them are good enough friends of mine that I can just tell them "hey, that just does nothing for your amazing figure". :lol:

lovinmaryland

Those are for like teenagers or young twentysomethings who haven't had kids yet. Definitely not curvy mother or 30 year old fashion.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Boho isn't supposed to be flattering, is it? It's supposed to look like a bag lady who is wearing every article of clothing she owns.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I have neverrr heard of this brand. The stuff is cute but I'm only 5 ft tall and curvy so I stay away from maxi skirts and those exaggerated A-line silhouettes :ohwell:

I love that chic boho hippy crap but it looks ridiculous on almost every one, particularly me :lol:

acommondisaster

I'm in a FB group for this stuff and I think a lot of what I have seen is pretty - something my DIL's might wear, but I'm definitely too old (and fat) for any of it. At the most, I'd get some fun print leggings to wear around the house - but never outside the house. Some of the dresses are pretty form fitting and I can't imagine how they'd look on anyone who is dieting. The long skirts - I hate them - I'm seeing all over in stores.

hcp482

The leggings are what sold me!!! So So Soft!

I love their clothes!! I've been shopping on periscope and facebook trying to find leggings and Irma's when I can.. There are quite a few who sale on periscope which is always fun. I've been considering the startup cost..$5,000 yikes!!! and have been following people who are in the queue to become consultants. I also been checking out livinglifelulastyle.com she seems like a really sweet girl. I want to follow people and see how they do with it. This is becoming a huge trend here the US. Anyway, I think she is launching soon and will have some great deals and giveaways!!! I love this clothing line. And I can say it enought you have to try there leggings.. If anything try them!!

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have a good friend who is selling the LLR stuff and a bunch of friends on FB are having those pop-up party things.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Am I the only one that hates leggings on most people, myself included?

Unless you have a great body (especially a great lower-half), you look like you have tiny ankles and a big ol' butt, and sometimes ham hocks for thighs. I know I have a big ol' butt and thick thighs....I don't need to show the world my B.O.B. I guess this is why I prefer yoga pants; the extra fabric at calf and ankle area seems to better balance out the butt area.

But that's just me.