Leanna Wen TV Covid Doctor - Mosquito Lockdowns

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
šŸ”„šŸ”„ Jab-happy TV covid doctor and former Planned Parenthood director Leanna Wen is still hanging around and offering unwanted advice on when to get your next jab. But in an encouraging development, it seems her advice is much more nuanced now. This week she even published an op-ed in the Washington Post headlined, ā€œA rare mosquito-borne illness is resulting in curfews ā€” and controversy.ā€

image 4.png

Some local health officials have come up with their latest germaphobic obsession: mosquito lockdowns. Wen noted that, after one guy died from eastern equine encephalitis, several New England towns issued voluntary curfews, and at least one closed its public parks from dusk to dawn. It wasnā€™t clear whether they filled the skate parks with construction sand.

But astonishingly, Dr. Wen began her piece ā€”and maybe Iā€™m reading this wrongā€” intensely critical of public health officials:

image 5.png

I would have said they still donā€™t have a strong grasp on strategies, but as I said, Iā€™m no quibbler. The TV doctor disclosed that in 2019, six people in Massachusetts died from EEE, but nobody imposed lockdowns back then.

Wen carefully avoided answering the question, but ā€”and this was the important partā€” she fairly described both sides of the argument, maybe even leaning into the this is dumb side of the controversy.

Of course, the answer is ā€˜no lockdowns,ā€™ since protecting people from natural hazards has never been, and is not the governmentā€™s job. Sure, tell folks that mosquitos carry infectious diseases. But expect citizens in a representative Republic to evaluate their own risks, and either stay home or go to the park if they want to.

This nannyism is getting out of hand.

Wen didnā€™t mention it, but I think it is also fair to note how some of these local officials giddily lock down for a single EEE death but are strangely unconcerned with the myocarditis epidemic. Weird.

How the hell do these people get out of bed in the morning

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So....wait... How does a curfew do anything against mosquitos? Do they only keep banker's hours or something? "Ooh there's someone I want to bite....uhp...hold up...5pm. Quittin' time!"

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The mean and hungry type?
Capture.JPG