Learning Archery?

Hannibal

You can teach yourself but depending on your goals, might be more practical to seek some instruction to quicken the learning curve.

I took on a large interest in bow hunting a few years back and the urging of a friend of mine. I did A LOT of research on compound bows by reading/videos, etc. I ultimately picked three bows that were to my liking. I bought none of them. I conceded to seeking out a professional for proper measurement, poundage, weight, etc. Cost me nothing but time.

From there I spent a good bit of time learning the bow myself by shooting and adjusting. Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I would have sought some instruction as I could've avoided wasting money/time on certain things with some guidance (setup, accessories, etc.).

Truth be told, I think there exists a lot of people willing to show a newcomer (who wants to learn) the ropes. I would strongly suggest this if your archery interests extends into actual hunting.

Is learning to use a recurve bow something you can teach yourself easily or is some instruction needed?

If you cannot find info on somebody willing to teach you, google "Boy Scout Merit Badge Archery Pamphlet" and you should be able to find a scan somewhere of the archery merit badge book. Lots of good info in there.