Legalize cannabis

Vote to legalize cannabis for personal use

• Total voters

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
It becomes a valid reason in the case of traffic accidents.
would be nice to be able to keep statistics on dope related accidents.
Without that ability, the dopers will keep pointing to the statistics and try to use them as proof that driving while stupid from drugs is not an issue.
If breathalyzers hadn't been invented would that be a valid reason for repealing the 21st amendment?

bcp

In My Opinion
If breathalyzers hadn't been invented would that be a valid reason for repealing the 21st amendment?

since they have been invented that is a weak argument.

We dont need a bunch of stoners driving around.
personally, I would knock the crap out of someone that lit up near me and refused to put it out.
I think I would start carrying a water bottle around to douse their weed for them if they insisted on smoking near me.

same goes for drunks in public, I have no need for them at all.

Well, most folks who work in aviation have to get drug tested. as do many folks in transportation fields, and are subject to dismissal if they fail. Hard to enforce that is the use of MJ is legal.
It is my understanding that though a state may have made the use of MJ legal, companies that have stated they are a zero-tolerance environment for drugs and alcohol can still fire you if they drug test you and you are positive... even if you smoked it on non-company time. The department of defense can also deny accepting you into the armed forces if you test positive.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
since they have been invented that is a weak argument.

We dont need a bunch of stoners driving around.
personally, I would knock the crap out of someone that lit up near me and refused to put it out.
I think I would start carrying a water bottle around to douse their weed for them if they insisted on smoking near me.

same goes for drunks in public, I have no need for them at all.
It's not a weak argument, it's a conjectural argument. As for the second sentence, I agree completely. The third and fourth sentences should get you tossed in the pokey for a while. The fifth sentence I agree with also as long as you're not attacking someone.

SamSpade

Well I voted not sure.

One of the great things about federalism and our states is, as many have called it, the states become experiments in democracy. When some states legalize dope - they suddenly become exposed to problems they never thought would happen before legalization. It gives other states ample warning or inspiration as to what to do.

For instance, one thing that has already happened is kids bringing pot laced brownies to school, with several adverse effects. Who thought of that, prior to legalization? So I am thinking, it might be good to see how it all shakes out in the states that have legalized it, just to get an idea of how good or dumb an idea it is.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Well, most folks who work in aviation have to get drug tested. as do many folks in transportation fields, and are subject to dismissal if they fail. Hard to enforce that is the use of MJ is legal.

So, I can assume that this has 100% prevented anyone from operating machinery while under the influence in the world of aviation. :ohwell:

glhs837

Power with Control
So, I can assume that this has 100% prevented anyone from operating machinery while under the influence in the world of aviation. :ohwell:

Ah, no, it hasn't. What it has done is discourage people from doing so. Same as any other law or work related requirement.

bcp

In My Opinion
It's not a weak argument, it's a conjectural argument. As for the second sentence, I agree completely. The third and fourth sentences should get you tossed in the pokey for a while. The fifth sentence I agree with also as long as you're not attacking someone.

as we all now know due to my life being posted, Im not exactly unfamiliar with the inside of the pokey. :killingme

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
as we all now know due to my life being posted, Im not exactly unfamiliar with the inside of the pokey. :killingme

So, do they do the "Hokey Pokey" in the pokey?

Not a good thing if your cell mate Bubba is singing this:

"You put your ____ in, you put your ____ out,
you put your ____ in, and you shake it all about.
You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around,
cuz that's what it's all about."
:killingme

MikeT

Well I voted not sure.

For instance, one thing that has already happened is kids bringing pot laced brownies to school, with several adverse effects. Who thought of that, prior to legalization? So I am thinking, it might be good to see how it all shakes out in the states that have legalized it, just to get an idea of how good or dumb an idea it is.

Seriously????

S

skilletGirl

Legalize it with strict laws. It should be treated like alcohol or cigarettes. Like you have to be over 18 to purchase and use it, not smoked in public settings around others, and you cannot drive while under the influence of it. It's not exactly harmful to your body, made obvious because it's even medical for some, and at least from what I've seen, it just makes the person seem drunk.

Idunno

With rules...

Legalize it with the same rules as alcohol. A person can produce limited quantities of it for personal consumption, but not for sale without license and purity/safety regulations. Personally I haven't met a person who gets to be a "mean drunk" while smoking weed. Who knows, it may even reduce the countries dependancy on pharmaceutical companies.

bcp

In My Opinion
Find a reliable roadside test so lawyers cant claim residual trace from smoking the day before and then bring the subject up again.

dave1959

Not sure on my opinion..... Don't smoke..never have, never will...I would need a lot more definitive info before making a desision.