Leonardtown

NewtoMD

Hello all,
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this question. We're considering a move to Leonardtown after visiting. My husband works in Suitland. Realistically, how terrible of a commute would that be? He currently commutes 50 miles (and doesnt complain) but looking for insight on what traffic is like from those with experience. Also, is there any type of public transportation in Leonardtown if you work in DC or Alexandria? Thank you.

General Lee

I don't commute up to DC and surrounding areas, but traffic is Biotch starting once you get out of Waldorf into Brandywine. There are commuter buses that take you into those areas you mentioned. There are several commuter parking lots in the area that the buses pick up at as well.

Hannibal

I’d bet it’s close to a 90 commute into Suitland. Depending on when exactly he goes will plus or minus it 20 minutes.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Hello all,
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this question. We're considering a move to Leonardtown after visiting. My husband works in Suitland. Realistically, how terrible of a commute would that be? He currently commutes 50 miles (and doesn't complain) but looking for insight on what traffic is like from those with experience. Also, is there any type of public transportation in Leonardtown if you work in DC or Alexandria? Thank you.
Commute should never be measured in distance, but rather time. See estimates above.
I do not commute on a daily basis, but have driven into DC or the metro station at Branch Avenue frequent enough to say the drive isn't the worst I've ever done. But it's not something I have a real hankering to do either.
Technically there is no public transportation, the bus companies are private services. There are no park and ride lots in Leonardtown or immediate vicinity.