Let's Say I Break Into Your House

leonardtowngal

LET'S SAY I BREAK INTO YOUR HOUSE

A lady wrote the best letter in the Editorials in ages!!! It explains things better than all the baloney you hear on TV.

Her point:

Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of
illegal immigration.

Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely.

Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.
Let's say I break into your house. Let 's say that when you discover
me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, 'No! I like it here. It's better than my house. I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors. I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters:

You are Required to let me stay in your house.
You are Required to feed me
You are Required to add me to your family's insurance plan
You are Required to Educate my kids
You are Required to Provide other benefits to me & to my family
(my husband will do all of your yard work because he is also hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my RIGHT to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working and honest, person, except for well, you know, I did break into your house And what a deal it is for me!!!

I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and
there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold,
uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and bigoted behavior.

Oh yeah, I DEMAND that you learn MY LANGUAGE!!! so you can communicate
with me.

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is?!

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
1) Uh, "none are blinder than those who WILL NOT see"?
2) "Liberalism is a mental disorder"
3) Illegals make the most faithful democratic voters.
That about covers it!
Hello Leonardtown gal!:howdy:

Vince

You break into my house and you'll meet the wrong end of a double barrel shotgun. Same thing when you break into my country, they should meet heavy artillery, etc.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Up until the 50's or so it was common practice to deliver a .351 Winchester round to the border jumpers.

The practice needs to return.

R

RadioPatrol

Up until the 50's or so it was common practice to deliver a .351 Winchester round to the border jumpers.

The practice needs to return.

I suppose some lawyer put a stop to that ? :lalala:

R

RadioPatrol

our gun laws stop that?

It is againist Federal Law to enter the US in a place other than an Official Crossing Zone .... seems to me in most any other country, illegally crossing the border will get your ass shot ............ or at the very least arrested and show fine foreign judicial system .....

Last edited by a moderator:
C

czygvtwkr

It is againist Federal Law to enter the US in a place other than an Official Crossing Zone .... seems to me in most any other country, illegally crossing the border will get your ass shot ............ or at the very least arrested and show fine foreign judicial system .....

Including Mexico, they have a problem with their southern border too.

M

Mousebaby

Excellent analogy!!! That is the best way to describe this situation if I ever heard it! :clap:

Debbie92454

I'm sorry I guess I don't happen to agree.
First my current husband was one of the ileegals that came to the USA and he applied to stay due to political problems in his own country. We paid a hefty fine and he is a premanent resident. He works two jobs just so he can stay busy.He makes good money and he pays not only his taxes, but all his bills before the due date. He is also sending support for his mother whom has no money since his father passed away in 1995.

For the most part these "illegals" come here trying to make a better life then what they have in their own country. They also take do jobs that our own people in this country will not do. Think about that one. For the most part they pay taxes, but under someone else social secuirty number. Yes it's ilegall, but they are still paying taxes.

Let me tell you something about my husband's homeland of El Salvador. The homes that have phone service are very few and far between. For the most part, the rural areas, do not have indoor plumming. They do have electric service which is actually higher in cost then here in the USA. They have water piped in for the home use but no sewer systems in place except the major cities. There is also no delivery of cooking gas, so if you can not afford and electric stove, you cook on an open fire, or walk 10 to 20 miles to get one of the small grill type propane tanks filled.
One egg cost more than a dozen here. They mainly grow their own rice, beans etc during their growing season which started in Jan. Most homes have fences around them in order to keep their few chickens, pigs etc inside so they can use them for eggs, and meat. Refregirators are for the most part small, so one needs to go to the market almost daily and they are many miles away. People for the most part walk and carry heavy baskets on their heads. There is no washing machines or dryers and there is no indoor heat or Air conditioning.
As for health care, they somewhat have a better system then we do. Health care in it's self is free, you just need to pay for medications which are very expensive and often hard to get.So health care cost here to them is a real shock. If these people were given a decent chance, they would be good citizens.
When they had their civil war back in the late 80's people would sleep in ditches at night in order to not be killed by the military. They would actually blow homes up. People moved constantly. My husband still has one daughter in El Salvdor and we have 7 grandchildren. His other children are here legal but if these people can not get the help to become legal then they can not help their family to become legal as well.
I would like for others to try living in their country and see if you want to leave as well.
Do not get me wrong, there are some that should not be able to stay, like the criminals and gangs as we have enough of our own criminals and gangs.
Remember that only the Native American Indians are the true Americans here. Everyone else came to this country and became part of the great melting pot. My husbands family has ties to the American Indians that migrated to Central America.

Last edited:

Vince

First my current husband was one of the ileegals that came to the USA and he applied to stay due to political problems in his own country. We paid a hefty fine and he is a premanent resident. He works two jobs just so he can stay busy.He makes good money and he pays not only his taxes, but all his bills before the due date. He is also sending support for his mother whom has no money since his father passed away in 1995.

For the most part these "illegals" come here trying to make a better life then what they have in their own country. They also take do jobs that our own people in this country will not do. Think about that one. For the most part they pay taxes, but under someone else social secuirty number. Yes it's ilegall, but they are still paying taxes.
And at least your husband made the effort, and succeeded, in becoming a taxpaying, legal citizen. Most don't, and I can't say that I agree with the way he got here, although in his place I probably would have done the same. What I don't agree with is the illegals in the US getting a free handout at the expense of legal, taxpaying citizens and then some gov' t azz---- giving them amnesty. You and I are the ones paying for the medical, education, etc.

terbear1225

I have absolutely no problem with legal immigraion and I do in fact understand that other countries don't have it as good as we do BUT by your reasoning, we should just open our borders to anyone and let everyone in just because they might be better off here.

This_person

First my current husband was one of the ileegals that came to the USA and he applied to stay due to political problems in his own country. We paid a hefty fine and he is a premanent resident.
The problems that exist in your husband's country of origin are not the issue. I'm really sorry for them that they have those problems, but those are not our problems. Perhaps a hard-working, intelligent individual should have stayed there and tried to fix his homeland? But, again, that's not our concern either. If he'd violate the immigration laws, why would he not violate others? Clearly, he has no issues with violating laws. If the work he's doing is work Americans won't do, then it wouldn't get done, and we'd have to fix our own problems, like El Salvador would have to fix theirs.

If he was able to obtain a political asylum residency here, that's much different than JUST being an illegal immigrant. However, either way, it's wrong. There are other ways to obtain the political asylum status than to break and enter into our country. While your husband may have changed while here, he was a law-breaker to get here, and that's wrong.