Lex. Park Local in top 18 of the World Series of Poker!

DannyPage

Poker may not be new to this county (though Pitch is probably much more popular...) but a local has made his way to the Final Two Tables in main event of the World Series of Poker! This is a $10,000 event, and he is already guarenteed over a 1/4 million dollars! (I'm sure he won't appreciate people asking for money though...)

Johnny Howard started out today in 22nd out of 27th in the 6th day of competition (5600 people entered!!) and at the dinner break he is in 14th of 18 remaining people, some which include some major poker pros. He is doing a great job, considering the competition, especially since he was in last this afternoon, until he grabbed some chips right before the dinner break. Hopefully he does well, and maybe with some luck, he could go very far! Top prize is 7.5 million.. so we'll see how he does!

Danny Page

Last edited:

DannyPage

Updates can also be found at Pokerwire.com if I don't post it. Also, he will probably be on ESPN this fall when they air it.

Saw this when they were talking about the guy from (I think) Montgomery Co. that is also in it. Go Johnny!

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
I've been listening to the Junkies on 106.7 for the last 2 days "covering" the World Series of Poker on the radio. Pretty cool to have a local in the game! :cheers:

DannyPage

Well, I just checked the website, pokerpages.com. It said John Howard went out in 16th place last night, for 350,000 dollars (15th was $400,000). Not sure how he went out yet (looking through some of the blogs to see if anyone talks about him) but I'm sure it will be on TV. Getting that far is pretty good!

Also, I just saw another Marylander is still in! Steven Dannenmann from Severn, MD is in 5th place out of the final 9, but has been in the top 3 (and leader at one point) for a while. Maybe Maryland can bring home a title??

DannyPage

Ouch... Johnny got rivered! He moved all-in with Pocket Queens against Aaron Kantor's A-10. He got his 3rd queen on the river.. but it also gave Aaron the inside straight to beat him... (KJ7TQ <--- Board) A little bad luck, but I think the 350K payout would make him feel a bit better! Cheers to that! :cheers:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
pocket QQ's and JJ's got alot of people in trouble in the late stages, not that I wouldn't move in the way they did but it was almost like those two hands were cursed. Anytime they went up anganist A K with a strong pocket pair the pocket pair got out drawn.

Otter

Nothing to see here
As of 410am Vegas time

1. Steve Dannenmann - $23,000,000 <-----Severn, MD.
2. Joseph Hachem - $16,000,000
3. Tex Barch - $11,500,000
4. Aaron Kanter - $4,600,000

Otter

Nothing to see here
As of 515am Vegas time

1. Joseph Hachem - $23,200,000 (seat 1)
2. Tex Barch - $16,660,000 (seat 3)
3. Steve Dannenmann - $16,420,000 (seat 8)

DannyPage

Well, I won't ruin by saying who wins, but Steven from Severn, MD got heads up with another person and lost for 2nd place. So close.... Crazy last hand too, poor guy got trapped by a flopped straight.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Man what a bad flop that sucks missing out on over $3million (difference between 1st and 2nd) going up aganist 7-3. O well. $4.25 million is bad for a few days of work.

J

jojosdad

I don't think the marylanders did bad at all.

But ok........I really do want to find the job where you can land 4.5 mil in a weeks worth of work.........heck a year would do good for me also.