Lexington Park Giant

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Yep, they're putting in a gas station. Saw that the permit had been approved in the Southern Maryland Extra in the Post a few Sundays ago in "what's going where." I wonder where we are supposed to park?

alex

Willie - Everything Giant puts on sale rings up at the normal price. The sale price goes into effect when you give the cashier your Bonuscard. If you don't have a Bonus card you don't get the sale price.

I hate Food Lion, their produce looks awful and everytime I buy boxed goods they seem stale. Also, I agree that they are not always cheaper and their selection is minimal.

Shoppers wasn't any bargain either. You really have to know your prices there because what you save on sale items gets eaten up by non sale items.

Giant in California has a limited selection compared to other Giant's I've shopped at but I like their staff and the store always looks clean. I haven't had any problems there.

Ilove the way my Dad shops He reads all the supermarket flyers and makes his list. Then he goes to each store for just the items on his list. Boy, can't wait to have the time to shop like that.

willie

Originally posted by alex
Willie - Everything Giant puts on sale rings up at the normal price. The sale price goes into effect when you give the cashier your Bonuscard. If you don't have a Bonus card you don't get the sale price..

I always present the card and in each case the service desk says the computers haven't been updated yet. In the case of the Pepsi products, it was 2 days after the sale started. Giants prices are notoriously high but I do agree the place is clean and the people are pleasant. Management in that particular store is asleep. I would not mind the higher everyday prices if the store was like the one in Prince Fred with a huge selection and a sale is recognized by the register. Unfortunately, if we get a Giant in Lusby, it will be the same size as the California store.

Erin

Giant

Giant drives me crazy. They undercut the competition on products they advertise, but then charge premium prices on everything else. I buy only the items advertised on sale, and shop for everything else at Food Lion. They have the everyday low pricing probably because they don't spend as much as Giant on all the circulars. I bought bread on sale at Giant, got home and realized they charged me full price. The next day I returned it and the Customer Service person told me I probably got the wrong one. Wrong! They are just counting on making the buck off the customers who don't check their receipts. I'm super careful when I shop there, ahem, so I don't make another Giant mistake.