Lexington park Theater

bilbur

At this point they are probably just grasping at straws to find a way to stay in business. At one time they were the only game in town so people were forced to use them to see new releases. For this reason they did not have to care about customer service or keeping their facility up to any standards. With the addition of the new theater they are feeling the sting of competition and no amount of upgrades would make people outside of LP travel there to see the same movie they can see in a cleaner newer facility. Adding alcohol is a gimmick that just might work for a little while but unless they totally revamp the seating and screens I don't see it as a long term sustainable solution especially since many of us know about the homeless camp within walking distance and the handful of crimes that have happened to people entering or exiting the theater. It is a shame because I have fond memories of going there as a kid and teenager but in the end they will probably be pushed out by the bigger, newer, and better. The sad part is there are many families in that area that benefit from having a theater so close to their home and can't afford to make the trip to the new theater.

The sad part is there are many families in that area that benefit from having a theater so close to their home and can't afford to make the trip to the new theater.

I think the cost to travel to the new theater is dwarfed by the cost of admission to the 'local' theater, not even including treats or drinks.

sockgirl77

I think the cost to travel to the new theater is dwarfed by the cost of admission to the 'local' theater, not even including treats or drinks.

The new theater, if you're talking about Lexington Village, offers cheaper tickets and food than the Lexington Park Crapzilla theater.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If having to drive a couple miles to a movie theater is a financial deal breaker, then you have no business paying to see movies in the first place.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Actually, I go to both theaters and the prices are pretty much the same, at least during the daytime. We saw Independence Day there on July 5th - $ 8.14 for two tickets. I can't be certain what they would have charged at the newer theater but they only offered it in 3D which I'm positive would have cost more. My son got nachos/large drink combo with extra cheese - that was $14.00. The cold popcorn/medium drink combo at the new theater is nearly $13.00. Factor in the gas/traffic (old theater is closer for me) and it's really not so bad.

I go early though - first show of the day. It's always clean then and there's never anyone in the movie but my son and I. That's a big plus for both of us - we mutually hate everyone :lmao:

That's odd. We went to see Independence Day at the new theater and they offer both regular and 3D.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Some people (me, for example) know exactly what goes on in that "park".

Fail.

Is there an amphitheater showing movies in that park?

I'm talking about the AMC Loews theater. I've been going there since 1988 and have never had a problem.

bilbur

If having to drive a couple miles to a movie theater is a financial deal breaker, then you have no business paying to see movies in the first place.

What about the ones that don't have a car. Sure, they probably shouldn't be wasting money on movies either but its their money and its not their kids fault they are poor.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Is there an amphitheater showing movies in that park?

I'm talking about the AMC Loews theater. I've been going there since 1988 and have never had a problem.

LOL. Sure.

Just stay out of the park next door. ;-)

BernieP

Resident PIA
Maybe instead of booze they could upgrade the equipment, put in more comfortable seating, clean the place and it wouldn't hurt if they could reduce the number of screens and make the remaining ones bigger. Why should I pay good money, to sit in an uncomfortable chair, with sticky floors and a screen not much bigger than my tv.
Then again, people love Metrocast with it's outstanding quality and reliability.

sockgirl77

Attachments

• movies.jpg
    movies.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 245

PeoplesElbow

Maybe instead of booze they could upgrade the equipment, put in more comfortable seating, clean the place and it wouldn't hurt if they could reduce the number of screens and make the remaining ones bigger. Why should I pay good money, to sit in an uncomfortable chair, with sticky floors and a screen not much bigger than my tv.
Then again, people love Metrocast with it's outstanding quality and reliability.

Every time I went there I felt like i was sitting in a kids chair, way too low to the ground and very narrow. Also felt that the seats start way to close to the screen.

Best theater experiences I had were at a single screen theater that was really old, but the place was quite large and even had a balcony. It was 1920's-1930's art decco inside. I think every kid at my grade school saw Return of the Jedi there, it closed up soon after.

I wonder if kids will remember their trips to generic megaplexes the way we remember this old place.

This picture is obviously from when it was newer than I remember it, but being an architecture nerd I loved it.

robgrand-inside.jpg

Last edited:

ltown81

Funny you mention that. Rumor is the Rex is about renovate the old theater section which is setup a lot like that. Currently it is a gutted ghost, but if what they are planning goes through it will be a cool destination for things like weddings and concerts.

Every time I went there I felt like i was sitting in a kids chair, way too low to the ground and very narrow. Also felt that the seats start way to close to the screen.

Best theater experiences I had were at a single screen theater that was really old, but the place was quite large and even had a balcony. It was 1920's-1930's art decco inside. I think every kid at my grade school saw Return of the Jedi there, it closed up soon after.

I wonder if kids will remember their trips to generic megaplexes the way we remember this old place.

This picture is obviously from when it was newer than I remember it, but being an architecture nerd I loved it.

View attachment 113861