Lexington Square (Kohl's)

cdrfunk

I see no point to a movie theatre. High quality movies are readily available and giant screen tvs flow like water around here. The theatre would just be ruined by the cretins you call your children anyway.

indianajane05

Victrix Patientia Duris
I see no point to a movie theatre. High quality movies are readily available and giant screen tvs flow like water around here. The theatre would just be ruined by the cretins you call your children anyway.

Yeah, but it's always nice to get out of the house and do something instead of ALWAYS staying in.

What we need is a new Skate Station :popcorn:

Sydney

Yeah, but it's always nice to get out of the house and do something instead of ALWAYS staying in.

I agree, we need a decent theatre. The one in Leonardtown is just awful. It's actually a little embarassing. And I'm afraid to walk to my car late at night.

We travel to Alexandria - The Hoffman to see movies. It's a nice drive and it's a great theatre. The Hoffman often has movies that aren't being shown in Lexington Park or Waldorf.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I agree, we need a decent theatre. The one in Leonardtown is just awful. It's actually a little embarassing. And I'm afraid to walk to my car late at night.

We travel to Alexandria - The Hoffman to see movies. It's a nice drive and it's a great theatre. The Hoffman often has movies that aren't being shown in Lexington Park or Waldorf.

Where is the theatre in Leonardtown? :confused:

ashliekay711

completely agree, a new skate station would be AWESOME!! :yahoo:

something to get the kids out of the house, get some excercise, have fun... oh and me too, that'd be fun excercise =)

Toxick

Splat
completely agree, a new skate station would be AWESOME!! :yahoo:

something to get the kids out of the house, get some excercise, have fun... oh and me too, that'd be fun excercise =)

It would so not be awesome.

If people are getting out of the house and doing something fun - something that doesn't involve drinking or smoking weed - then what the hell are the bars and hotels around here supposed to do? (Not to mention the police!) There is no tourism industry around here to speak of, so keeping the brain-dead locals filing in is the only chance they have. What are you trying to run them out of business or something?

Do you know what that would do to the local economy? It would bring it to a goddam standstill, that's what it would do.

No, we need to keep people bored with as few options as possible.

I think they need to change Kohls to a Walmart or a Food Lion or something; and instead of a Sonic, they need to put in a BK or McD's.

Sydney

If people are getting out of the house and doing something fun - something that doesn't involve drinking or smoking weed - then what the hell are the bars and hotels around here supposed to do? (Not to mention the police!) There is no tourism industry around here to speak of, so keeping the brain-dead locals filing in is the only chance they have. What are you trying to run them out of business or something?

Do you know what that would do to the local economy? It would bring it to a goddam standstill, that's what it would do.

I think they need to change Kohls to a Walmart or a Food Lion or something; and instead of a Sonic, they need to put in a BK or McD's.

We have a Walmart, Food Lion and a Burger King????

Sydney

We need more of them.

Another CVS or a Liquor Store couldn't hurt either.

We have 3 CVS in St. Mary's, Leonardtown, Lexington Park & California.

And for Liquor Stores, we have an abundance of them as well....

We really need more Restaurants, how about a Sweet Water or a Coast Flatts, a PF Changs or Cheesecake Factory?

We also need a Safeway, Trader Joe's and a Whole Foods!!!!

Toxick

Splat
We have 3 CVS in St. Mary's, Leonardtown, Lexington Park & California.

And for Liquor Stores, we have an abundance of them as well....

We could always use more.

Especially if they will eventually leave a vacant building on the landscape someday.

indianajane05

Victrix Patientia Duris

Actually, that's what the DECD (Department of Economic Development) here does.

If you're so concerned about the economy, why not bolster it with the creation of things that make people want to relocate here? If someone was offered a job at Pax River and somewhere else and took a look at the "amenities," it might be helpful to actually have things that attract families.

Mama_Mia08

Actually, that's what the DECD (Department of Economic Development) here does.

If you're so concerned about the economy, why not bolster it with the creation of things that make people want to relocate here? If someone was offered a job at Pax River and somewhere else and took a look at the "amenities," it might be helpful to actually have things that attract families.

This is true. However, like most areas you will have the people who don't like change and want things to stay as is and then you have the people who want more. I would love to see more family friendly amenities like mini golf, go-karts, arcades, etc. I know this all takes time though and people who want to run them. If the places are run properly and kept up to date and clean, people will go.

Unfortunately, crime is going to be everywhere though no matter how much activities there are but maybe it would give some of the kids who get themselves in trouble an outlet and job.

Last edited:

SoccerMom2

I would like to see a indoor skating rink. If the did put one up the hoodlums would just turn it into a druggy hangout and harass people. We NEED a Traders Joes, Whole Foods and Sonics. No nail salons!!!!!!!!!!!

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I would like to see a indoor skating rink. If the did put one up the hoodlums would just turn it into a druggy hangout and harass people. We NEED a Traders Joes, Whole Foods and Sonics. No nail salons!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you can go rollerskating at Leonard Hall on the weekends.