Lighters and airline flights...

hereforgood

lighters

I got frisked at BWI for having 3 lighters. I didn't know I couldn't carry more than 2, actually didn't even know I had them-they were in my purse. Took the one away and gave it to someone I was traveling with. :killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know, I read crap like that and I feel like I just can't take it anymore - like I'll snap at any minute. :banghead:

Larry Gude said:
This is anti gun logic at it's most inane. "Well...if we just outlaw guns..."
It's not even that - it's "Well, if we outlaw fingers..."

And it's not like airline workers are going to do anything about Arab terrorist-wannabes anyway. Flight attendents sat there and watched Richard Reid try and light his shoe repeatedly and did NOTHING - it was other passengers that finally put a stop to it. THEY aren't going to get the airline sued for "profiling" and "discrimination".

I am totally scared because the idiots that thought this ban was a good idea are the ones running our country. It's like the Capitol building is just one big tard home.

Vince

Guess the lighter companies like Scripto will be happy. Their sales will go up when people that are traveling have to purchase a lighter at their destination only to give it up and purchase another when they get home. Might be time to buy stock.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Vince said:
Guess the lighter companies like Scripto will be happy. Their sales will go up when people that are traveling have to purchase a lighter at their destination only to give it up and purchase another when they get home. Might be time to buy stock.

"Welcome to Miami, Sir. Light your cigarette for a dollar?"

ylexot

Super Genius
I think this is one of the dumbest things. When I came back from Germany, they made me take the cotton and wick out of my Zippo. At least they didn't make me throw it away. What is the problem with checking it? You can check just about anything, but for some reason, a lighter is verboten.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Those people are just stupid. A BUTANE lighter is explosive, a Zippo isn't. I was involved in the cleanup when a shipyard welder lost a leg because a spark ignighted the bic in his pocket.