Lightfoot asks Biden for help amid crime wave after dismissing Trump's offer

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Lightfoot’s request came after she asked Trump not to send federal agents to the city last July, saying it would “spell disaster.”

“What we do not need, and what will certainly make our community less safe is secret, federal agents deployed to Chicago,” she wrote in a letter last summer obtained by WBEZ. “Any other form of militarized assistance within our borders that would not be within our control or within the direct command of the Chicago Police Department would spell disaster.”

The Democratic mayor added that such action would endanger her residents.

Her comments this week echo a plea she made to Biden last week for the federal government to step in following another deadly Chicago weekend.

“This is a national problem,” she said last Tuesday.

Hijinx

This is not in the least surprising. But just what does she want the Feds to do .?
Snitches get stiches is not going to change because a federal agent questions them.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
She saw what a great job joe is doing at the southern border. I hope she didn't get her hopes up too high.

I bet an aggressive summer of stop and frisk will drop the crime rate in the windy city.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden To Send ‘Strike Force’ To Chicago To Help City Handle Violent Crime

“My hope and my expectation is that they’re going to be coming relatively soon. I’ve made no secret of the fact that this is a matter of incredible urgency and I think the president’s plan is to make a difference in localities like Chicago this summer,” she said.

“The strike force teams will coordinate with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) and share information with local and state law enforcement agencies about where firearms originate and where they are used to commit crimes in an effort to bring down gun-dealing rings,” Fox added.

Attorney General Merrick Garland announced the plan in June, though, at the time, the Department of Justice had not decided on which cities would receive a targeted strike force of federal agents. Garland did, however, make clear that the strike forces would focus on illegal guns and the so-called “iron pipeline,” which carries handguns and other weapons from states with lax gun laws to states with strict gun laws.

Hijinx

“My hope and my expectation is that they’re going to be coming relatively soon. I’ve made no secret of the fact that this is a matter of incredible urgency and I think the president’s plan is to make a difference in localities like Chicago this summer,” she said.

“The strike force teams will coordinate with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) and share information with local and state law enforcement agencies about where firearms originate and where they are used to commit crimes in an effort to bring down gun-dealing rings,” Fox added.

Attorney General Merrick Garland announced the plan in June, though, at the time, the Department of Justice had not decided on which cities would receive a targeted strike force of federal agents. Garland did, however, make clear that the strike forces would focus on illegal guns and the so-called “iron pipeline,” which carries handguns and other weapons from states with lax gun laws to states with strict gun laws.

Yeah like Obama's ATF supplied guns to the Cartels.

herb749

The first person they shoot its all over for them. So they will not only have killings but also riots.

ironintestines

Non-Premo

Sending in the ATF to "share" where the firearms originate from reeks of the Obama administrations failed Fast and Furious scandal. This exercise will result in nothing more than garbage data development to go after Pro 2A states.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Democrats have long blamed neighboring states for their failed policies ... easily accessible guns from other states ....