Lighthouse Restaurant on Solomons

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
WTH was going on over at Solomons this evening.. We went over to The Lighthouse and couldn't even find a place to park.. Every spot all the down the boardwalk was taken.. Got frustrated and went up to Boomerangs and couldn't find a spot in their lot either.. Not even in the back.. Back on the other end, there was a guy stopping traffic at the Lighthouse and wouldn't let any cars down toward the Tiki. I soon came back over on this side of the bridge..

Natron0915

WTH was going on over at Solomons this evening.. We went over to The Lighthouse and couldn't even find a place to park.. Every spot all the down the boardwalk was taken.. Got frustrated and went up to Boomerangs and couldn't find a spot in their lot either.. Not even in the back.. Back on the other end, there was a guy stopping traffic at the Lighthouse and wouldn't let any cars down toward the Tiki. I soon came back over on this side of the bridge..

Guy that turned me around said there was a tractor-trailer disabled prior to the circle and no one could get by...had to park down past the pavilion and walk up to the Lighthouse. Didn't mind tho...it was a nice evening and the walk along the water was calming. I really like the new restaurant except for the crowd. When we arrived (around 6:00) we were told there was an 1 1/2 hour wait. We lucked out that one of the waitresses heard us talking about the bar and "reserved" a table that was opeing up. Food was great but a little pricey. Definately would go back. Also overheard the hotess talking on the phone about call ahead seating. I think they will take a limited number of those but aren't advertising the fact.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
That would explain all the parking spots along the boardwalk taken and people walking toward the LH.. Sorry but I can't handle a 1 1/2 hour wait..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That would explain all the parking spots along the boardwalk taken and people walking toward the LH.. Sorry but I can't handle a 1 1/2 hour wait..

That's why we do the Friday M&G thing early: if you wait until 6pm you won't be getting a seat for at least an hour. If someone is there at 5-ish they can walk right in and get a table for 10, no problemo.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
That type of wait is one of the reasons we strive to arrive early and like to have a reliable heas count to try and make reservations. Especially in the warmer weather - because the locations on the water get packed quickly.

Chain restaurants are busy, also, and a lot of them won't even allow reservations too early. Usually, they have a faster turnover but a lot of times they give you the hairy eyeball when you're there too long.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I know.. I need to get my arse rollin a little earlier.. I am afraid to go there because I know I'll get hooked.. I really liked Clarkes when they were there..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I know.. I need to get my arse rollin a little earlier.. I am afraid to go there because I know I'll get hooked.. I really liked Clarkes when they were there..

I was never terribly impressed with Clarke's. The food seems better at the new place.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Old guys like you do take a while to get moving...

No kiddin.. I thought I was getting there early. We were probably there around 5:30 - 6. Couldn't find a parking spot so I left. Then again, I was looking for one right up by the door. Old people don't like to walk too far.. Or can't!