Lighthouse Restaurant, Solomons

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
The atmosphere

We went to the old Lighthouse years ago and it was considered a very upscale fancy/romantic restaurant.

Last night was our Anniversary so we decided to try out the new Lighthouse.
I even dressed up nice.

But the atmosphere was not what we expected.
It seems like now, it is more of a Sports Bar/Grill restaurant.
Does not even compare to the old Lighthouse.

We should of went to The Back Creek Bistro.
Never been disappointed there.

RPMDAD

Used to love the old Lighthouse everything was always top notch every time we went, haven't been to it since it reopened.

Hank

my war
The atmosphere

We went to the old Lighthouse years ago and it was considered a very upscale fancy/romantic restaurant.

Last night was our Anniversary so we decided to try out the new Lighthouse.
I even dressed up nice.

But the atmosphere was not what we expected.
It seems like now, it is more of a Sports Bar/Grill restaurant.
Does not even compare to the old Lighthouse.

Never been disappointed there.

I went to The Lighthouse Thursday night. It was beautiful out and they weren't seating anyone outside. The cafeteria like atmosphere in the dining area was less to be desired. The bar had no air circulation. It was hot as hell and the acoustics suck. Reminded me of The Duck and how loud it can get. We left and went to The Striped Rock, sat outside and had a nice evening.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I went to The Lighthouse Thursday night. It was beautiful out and they weren't seating anyone outside. The cafeteria like atmosphere in the dining area was less to be desired. The bar had no air circulation. It was hot as hell and the acoustics suck. Reminded me of The Duck and how loud it can get. We left and went to The Striped Rock, sat outside and had a nice evening.

We walked into the bar to see if we could get a window seat.
Walked out after noticing how hot it was in there.
So we sat in the main open dining room between a wall and a pillar with no view except for the other diners.
But we had good conversation amongst ourselves.
The people watching was one notch lower than Walmart.

Cool, I remember it was three guys, but didn't know them. Extra sad for them when the place burnt. If you sat up near the bow you had to keep an eye on your glass or it could slide down.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

That is definitely more romantic, but I like Lighthouse okay. The food has always been good - I never thought the portions were skimpy at all, I can usually get two solid meals out of whatever I order.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
That is definitely more romantic, but I like Lighthouse okay. The food has always been good - I never thought the portions were skimpy at all, I can usually get two solid meals out of whatever I order.

Food was very good and we both enjoyed it.
I was just looking forward to the generous portion of shrimp and scallops when I placed my order.
If I had known, I would of gladly paid extra for some more generous portions of shrimp and scallops.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Color me unimpressed. The dining area is more like a cafeteria, portion size is ok, service is atrocious and prices do not jive with the experience. We went for Father's Day, not too busy but we ended up with an ice cold side dish and undercooked soft crabs. Did not even get a sorry or comp out of it. It will not be a restaurant I would recommend.

Color me unimpressed. The dining area is more like a cafeteria, portion size is ok, service is atrocious and prices do not jive with the experience. We went for Father's Day, not too busy but we ended up with an ice cold side dish and undercooked soft crabs. Did not even get a sorry or comp out of it. It will not be a restaurant I would recommend.

Beginning to sound like the inevitable trail-off of service and quality that seems to be prevalent in this area. It was good when it first opened, for a while anyway.