Lightning, I am wuss.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Last night coming home from NJ I encountered a super summer thunderstorm complete with torrential down pours and mas lightning. Traffic was at a crawl at the toll before the Susquehanna on 95 (JFK Mem. Hwy.) The fact that visibility was 0 even with wipers on high really wasn't the issue, the problem was the lightning. A street light was hit about 200 ft in front of me, lit everything up like day and that was when I started hyperventilating. I called BF and asked if the truck was in danger of being struck, he said highly unlikely. As I was on the phone with him something was stuck behind me, enough to feel it in the truck and for him to hear it. I screamed, tears started falling down my cheeks and I told him I had to go. I had a panic attack. I never had such a fear of lightning as I did last night, it was so close. Its one of those things that you just don't mess with and you don't know that power of.

Was there any reason for me to be that scared?

Last night coming home from NJ I encountered a super summer thunderstorm complete with torrential down pours and mas lightning. Traffic was at a crawl at the toll before the Susquehanna on 95 (JFK Mem. Hwy.) The fact that visibility was 0 even with wipers on high really wasn't the issue, the problem was the lightning. A street light was hit about 200 ft in front of me, lit everything up like day and that was when I started hyperventilating. I called BF and asked if the truck was in danger of being struck, he said highly unlikely. As I was on the phone with him something was stuck behind me, enough to feel it in the truck and for him to hear it. I screamed, tears started falling down my cheeks and I told him I had to go. I had a panic attack. I never had such a fear of lightning as I did last night, it was so close. Its one of those things that you just don't mess with and you don't know that power of.

Cell Phones Increase Risk of Death By Lightning, Doctors Claim | LiveScience :eyebrow:

ESD Journal -Florida man lightning strike cell phone

Montverde, Florida-- A Lake County man was critically injured when he was struck by lighting while standing in the garage of his home while using his cell phone.

Trevor Duncan, 19-years-old, was talking on his cell phone to his brother when lightning struck him during a thunderstorm.

Duncan watched the rain pouring down through his open garage door at 15218 Arabian Way, when two lightning bolts shot into the garage and exploded in front of him.

"Right after the light faded from that explosion I started feeling by body go haywire," Duncan said in a telephone interview.

I feel pretty safe from lighting in a car. The 0 visibility would cause me a bit of concern though.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
ESD Journal -Florida man lightning strike cell phone

Montverde, Florida-- A Lake County man was critically injured when he was struck by lighting while standing in the garage of his home while using his cell phone.

Trevor Duncan, 19-years-old, was talking on his cell phone to his brother when lightning struck him during a thunderstorm.

Duncan watched the rain pouring down through his open garage door at 15218 Arabian Way, when two lightning bolts shot into the garage and exploded in front of him.

"Right after the light faded from that explosion I started feeling by body go haywire," Duncan said in a telephone interview.

Scenario: I was in a truck stuck in traffic on the phone. There were things higher than me that lightning would have more likely struck, or at least I think so.

I know it wasn't a great Idea to be on the phone during a thunderstorm but I did panic.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I called BF and asked if the truck was in danger of being struck, he said highly unlikely.

No reason to be scared, but a phobia is an unreasonable fear, doesn't require a reason.
One of the safest places you can be in a lighting storm would be inside a metal box that could direct any electrical current around (not through) you.

A metal box like a car or truck.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
No reason to be scared, but a phobia is an unreasonable fear, doesn't require a reason.
One of the safest places you can be in a lighting storm would be inside a metal box that could direct any electrical current around (not through) you.

A metal box like a car or truck.

I had thoughts of lightning striking the truck and the gas tank blowing up :jameo:

M

Mousebaby

I have always heard that you are safer in your vehicle during an electrical storm because it has rubber tires. I never worry as long as I am in my car during one of those. Now when I'm in my house that is another story. :shocking:

M

Mousebaby

I have always heard that you are safer in your vehicle during an electrical storm because it has rubber tires. I never worry as long as I am in my car during one of those. Now when I'm in my house that is another story. :shocking:

Yep hubby just cofirmed if your in your vehicle your rubber tires ground you and your vehicle. You are safer.