Lion kneeslappers

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Anyone can beat anyone in the NFL; but, I would need 9:2 to bet on the Lions.

Please don't give the Lion's players any bulletin board material - they might come out and play with passion for a quarter.

If they won't play with passion for a few mil, why would they do it for $.25?

T

toppick08

Oh, believe me we give all NFL teams credit.

I think for me this is the first time this season that I have lambasted an NFL team. The Lions deserve credit where credit is due. These jokes actually came from a Lions message board and were subsequently posted on a Skins message board.

If the Lions can laugh, why not all NFL fans?

Besides the jokes, all I did was note what the Lions have done and have and what the Skins have done and have. If you think that's obnoxious then so be it. I can't help but to call it what it is. I'm not a fan of this football team to just sit on my hands. If they're doing well, I'll applause.

:howdy:..:gossip:.don't let CLeValley see my post.......:killingme

BuddyLee

Football addict
...and when the Lions become an NFL team, we'll give them credit, too.
The Redskins almost never blow out a team. Yet under a conservative Gibbs last year...

Washington and Detroit last played on Oct. 7, 2007, with the Redskins winning 34-3 at FedExField.

Jason Campbell earned NFC Offensive Player of the Week after he completed 23-of-29 passes for 248 yards and two touchdowns in the Redskins’ win over Detroit last year. Antwaan Randle El caught seven passes for 100 yards to help in the effort.

Some teams just have other teams' number. Mike Shanahan is a great coach for the Denver Broncos but has a horrible record against the traditionally lowly Chiefs. The Skins just have the Lions number here.

The Rankings:

Lions total offense: 27
rushing: 30
passing: 22

Lions total defense: 32
rushing: 31
passing: 30

Redskins total offense: 7
rushing: 3
passing: 19

Redskins total defense: 6
rushing: 7
passing: 12

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Did you hear...

...that when Matt Millen yelled to the players this past summer, hoping to get them fired up with a chant of "Superbowl! Superbowl! Superbowl!" that when it finally got quiet one of the players said he wasn't much for soup whether it came in a cup or a bowl?