Live Eagle Cam...

CrabbyClark

Too old to care
Well, looks like ma and pa are back preparing to nest. Last year it was right around this time she laid eggs. :yay: :yay:

Looked like he just brought her back some food a few minutes ago, which she devoured. Guessing the eggs will come soon.

http://www.hancockwildlife.org/staticpages/index.php/20090302200021473

The eagle in Norfolk laid her first egg on January 31st and there is a total of 3 now. Eagle Cam | HAMPTON ROADS NEWS | WVEC.com | News for Hampton Roads, Virginia | Microsite Content

Rael

Supper's Ready
YEAH!! I was truly amazed last year. I can't wait to see them this year.
:yeahthat: Surprised there are no eggs yet, it's gotta be imminent. :yay:
The eagle in Norfolk laid her first egg on January 31st and there is a total of 3 now. Eagle Cam | HAMPTON ROADS NEWS | WVEC.com | News for Hampton Roads, Virginia | Microsite Content

I like the format of that one, real-time comments right next to the video. :yay: Time for another bookmark, thanks for that.

Rael

Supper's Ready

Rael

Supper's Ready
How can you tell?

There's a discussion board there with locals posting still pics of the videos (not sure how they do that, some software I suppose). Some 47 pages of it so far... :lol: I've been watching it fairly regularly this past week or so. :cool:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
There's a discussion board there with locals posting still pics of the videos (not sure how they do that, some software I suppose). Some 47 pages of it so far... :lol: I've been watching it fairly regularly this past week or so. :cool:
I've gotten a couple ppl hooked on it too (as am I). One has 2 daughters 7 and 9. They love it. Thanks for the link!

Rael

Supper's Ready
I've gotten a couple ppl hooked on it too (as am I). One has 2 daughters 7 and 9. They love it. Thanks for the link!

:yay: :yay:

Here's one I grabbed from earlier today...

Sidney Mar 5 2010.jpg

Rael

Supper's Ready
I always thought eagles had no natural predators (except humans), I was wrong.

Ravens. Now they're down to just one egg, when both were due to hatch within a matter of days. :ohwell:

Rael

Supper's Ready

:yeahthat:

She was gone about one minute, I'm thinking the Raven had this all worked out. They're smart that way. This eagle couple had three successful eaglets each year for the past four years, I guess this year balanced that out a little.

Hope they don't get the last one. :ohwell:

Rael

Supper's Ready
:yeahthat:

A lot of times the parents won't feed the eaglet for a full day, but this one started responding to her food offerings within a few hours. Very alert this one is.

Too bad this one doesn't have any sibs, it's kind of funny watching the nest rivalry. :lol: