Living paycheck to paycheck gets harder

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" NEW YORK - The calculus of living paycheck to paycheck in America is getting harder. What used to last four days might last half that long now. Pay the gas bill, but skip breakfast. Eat less for lunch so the kids can have a healthy dinner.

Across the nation, Americans are increasingly unable to stretch their dollars to the next payday as they juggle higher rent, food and energy bills. It's starting to affect middle-income working families as well as the poor, and has reached the point of affecting day-to-day calculations of merchants like Wal-Mart Stores Inc., 7-Eleven Inc. and Family Dollar Stores Inc.

Food pantries, which distribute foodstuffs to the needy, are reporting severe shortages and reduced government funding at the very time that they are seeing a surge of new people seeking their help."

Living paycheck to paycheck gets harder - Yahoo! News

ImnoMensa

Wait unitl the Maryland Legislators meet in Maryland on Oct. 29th. and raise our taxes.

You aint seen nothin' yet.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
" NEW YORK - The calculus of living paycheck to paycheck in America is getting harder. What used to last four days might last half that long now. Pay the gas bill, but skip breakfast. Eat less for lunch so the kids can have a healthy dinner.

I wonder how much it cost them to do this brilliant and obvious research?

Last edited:
R

Rienell

Eh, I'd like to get on the band-wagon and curse the government for raising taxes and cost of living... it's really fun! However, having a lot of experience in this paycheck to paycheck thing, I have to say a lot of it is because most ppl in my generation don't know how to or even understand what "living within your means" entails.

Gwydion

I have to say a lot of it is because most ppl in my generation don't know how to or even understand what "living within your means" entails.

What are you talking about? I NEED to smoke that pack a day while driving my brand new extended cab pickup truck getting 12 mpg to the liquor store to get the 3 cases of beer for my nightly rental from blockbuster.

ImnoMensa

One of the major reasons its getting harder is because we are spending more and more for fuel and any item made of crude.

Its amazing how much of a bite fuel and heating oil have been taking out of my pay .
Add to that the increased costs to get thing delivered to stores and homes.

I know we have been fighting to get ANWR and other places open to drilling so we can become self-sufficient, Congress and the Dems keep telling us that even if we did drill for that oil it would be 7 or 8 years before it would be delivered.

Well Congress, If we had drilled 7 years ago when it was suggested , maybe we would be using it now DUHHHH!!!!! What the hell are you waiting for ??

R

Rienell

What are you talking about? I NEED to smoke that pack a day while driving my brand new extended cab pickup truck getting 12 mpg to the liquor store to get the 3 cases of beer for my nightly rental from blockbuster.
:lmao: What? No pizza delivery when you get home?

bcp

In My Opinion
at a time when rents and everything else are going up, its nice to know that my mortgage payment will not only stay the same, but with each payment, My net worth increases.

of course, I suppose I could rent and never go anywhere but down.

renting is only good for those just starting out while they scrape together a down payment for their first home. oh, its also good for welfare people.