local convicted of animal abuse dog/horse

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
HERE

Anybody from here remember this girl? I remember she had trouble a couple years ago (not good on time frames) here on route 6 I think...I am pretty sure one of my Paso's was taken back from her because of bad conditions? Anyway when I saw this the name rang a bell...anyone remember her or know anymore that I don't??

S

saddlesore

Pasofever said:
HERE

Anybody from here remember this girl? I remember she had trouble a couple years ago (not good on time frames) here on route 6 I think...I am pretty sure one of my Paso's was taken back from her because of bad conditions? Anyway when I saw this the name rang a bell...anyone remember her or know anymore that I don't??

She is clearly a very sick person: a collector, as someone said on the Mastiff forum. Scary! Especially considering that it isn't all that rare. Our best defense is awareness. I do hope your Paso ended up in good hands.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
saddlesore said:
She is clearly a very sick person: a collector, as someone said on the Mastiff forum. Scary! Especially considering that it isn't all that rare. Our best defense is awareness. I do hope your Paso ended up in good hands.

I still have that Paso :wink: You will ride her next year after she foals...a real crotch rocket....well more like a fire breathing dragon...

S

saddlesore

Pasofever said:
I still have that Paso :wink: You will ride her next year after she foals...a real crotch rocket....well more like a fire breathing dragon...

Okay, you're on! :yay: In the meantime, remind me to upgrade my medical insurance. Maybe buy a safety vest, new hard hat, stock up on blood for transfusions, update my will . . . .

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
saddlesore said:
Okay, you're on! :yay: In the meantime, remind me to upgrade my medical insurance. Maybe buy a safety vest, new hard hat, stock up on blood for transfusions, update my will . . . .
S.S. you can ride my mare trail riding with them now. You sound like you know what you are doing. :howdy:

S

saddlesore

Sadielady said:
S.S. you can ride my mare trail riding with them now. You sound like you know what you are doing. :howdy:

Uh- thank, Shady, but isn't this the mare with no brakes?

Pandora

saddlesore said:

I thought the term was an Animal Hoarder.

http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/p000425.html

I was wondering, would a hoarder be different than a collector? I would think they would be about the same thing. They get all these animals and are way over their heads in taking care of them. :ohwell:

I made frequent visits to a home that animal control officers removed well over 250 guinea pigs from the year before and even after they had all been removed and about 20 remaining were returned to the man, it smell awful from the end of the driveway.

Robin

I don't think it matters what they call it. She was finally caught up with and proven to harm animals. I just think its a shame the penalty isnt much longer than it is. Now maybe the others that were affected with said person can go ahead and get brave and add some time on. I was just wondering how long it was going to take before someone had enough evidence against her.

Pandora

Robin said:
I don't think it matters what they call it. She was finally caught up with and proven to harm animals. I just think its a shame the penalty isnt much longer than it is. Now maybe the others that were affected with said person can go ahead and get brave and add some time on. I was just wondering how long it was going to take before someone had enough evidence against her.

It doesn't say if she was sentenced, convicted or anything from my quick skim. If she hasn't been yet, and the court still gets to decide her fate, letters should be written decribing the dealings one has had with her so the judge is aware of the damage done by real, voting citizens. :yay:

M

Mousebaby

Well, I have been accused by my very own mother of being a hoarder. But that is bullsh!t because all of my animals are clean and healthy. My vet can attest to that! I may be a little crazy for having so many animals, but I love them all and they all are well cared for, if not spoiled! I don't hide what I have here either. All the children in my neighborhood come to see my zoo on a regular basis. They love to help feed and take care of them. I keep telling my husband that if money were no object I would have a farm and would run a rescue of my own! So all of us crazy animal people aren't hoarders/collectors we are just animal lovers! :howdy:

Last edited by a moderator:

SoMDGirl42

Mousebaby said:
Well, I have been accused by my very own mother of being a hoarder. But that is bullsh!t because all of my animals are clean and healthy. My vet can't attest to that! I may be a little crazy for having so many animals, but I love them all and they all are well cared for, if not spoiled! I don't hide what I have here either. All the children in my neighborhood come to see my zoo on a regular basis. They love to help feed and take care of them. I keep telling my husband that if money were no object I would have a farm and would run a rescue of my own! So all of us crazy animal people aren't hoarders/collectors we are just animal lovers! :howdy:
How many do you have?

Robin

I believe if I read it correctly she isn't to have a dog or horse for 3 years on the property with periodic checks from the authorities

Cowgirl

Mousebaby said:
Well, I have been accused by my very own mother of being a hoarder. But that is bullsh!t because all of my animals are clean and healthy. My vet can't attest to that! I may be a little crazy for having so many animals, but I love them all and they all are well cared for, if not spoiled! I don't hide what I have here either. All the children in my neighborhood come to see my zoo on a regular basis. They love to help feed and take care of them. I keep telling my husband that if money were no object I would have a farm and would run a rescue of my own! So all of us crazy animal people aren't hoarders/collectors we are just animal lovers! :howdy:

Oops!