Local Psychiatrists?

MrsDelFavero

I have been searching around but have yet to find any within St. Mary's county? I mean, well excuse me I have found one at Pathways but they do not accept my insurance, (Blue Cross Blue Shield). And Another at Walden but they charge as if I am out of network. Does anyone know of any other Psychiatrists in our area that are not just for children? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

sockgirl77

If it's Carefirst then probably not. If it's Federal PPO, then there are quite a few. Have you tried their website? BCBS has decent doctor search on their site. I've been searching for a child psychologist/psychiatrist in St. Mary's and cannot find one. But, I do know that there are several for adults in the area. Carol Paris is wonderful. I'm not sure if she still accepts BCBS, but she used to.

jhns64

I have been searching around but have yet to find any within St. Mary's county? I mean, well excuse me I have found one at Pathways but they do not accept my insurance, (Blue Cross Blue Shield). And Another at Walden but they charge as if I am out of network. Does anyone know of any other Psychiatrists in our area that are not just for children? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Try Sabrina at 301-475-9999, there is a wait (June) to get in but they will put you on a call list at well.

abcxyz

Try posting your problems on this forum? You may find you aren't as crazy as you thought you were compared to some of the loons on here.

MrsDelFavero

Try posting your problems on this forum? You may find you aren't as crazy as you thought you were compared to some of the loons on here.

Tehehehe lol. I'm sure I'm not! I've been a lurker for a while now and you guys have some interesting characters on here! I'm just looking for someone to talk to, who isn't my 5 yr old or husband!

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Look for the "Ask K_Jo" thread on here. She'll fix ya up.

dave1959

I'll do it.... I charge .05

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
If it's Carefirst then probably not. If it's Federal PPO, then there are quite a few. Have you tried their website? BCBS has decent doctor search on their site. I've been searching for a child psychologist/psychiatrist in St. Mary's and cannot find one. But, I do know that there are several for adults in the area. Carol Paris is wonderful. I'm not sure if she still accepts BCBS, but she used to.

carol paris left the country fyi...she recommended sabrina to me. her number has already been posted in this forum

Last edited: