Locked out of computer account help please

catlingirl

I can't get into my account on my computer. It seems someone hacked into it,changed the password and took it over. I have Windows 7. My account was the administrative account. There are 3 other regular accounts on the computer. I've tried everything to get into my account. I don't have the cd any longer to start over.Can anyone help? Thanks

hitchicken

Normally accounts have a "forgot password" option feature that you can click. They may or may not ask you some security questions you provided answers to when you set up the account. What's your favorite whatever... what's your mother's maiden name... etc. They will then send you the account password to the email address you provided when you set the account up. It would be highly unlikely a hacker could change that email address without those running your account notifying you via your email address that they are noting your email address change. if it's not the password you set up, then you have been hacked. Write it down and change the password again on the hacker. If it is... note and record carefully... zeros can be mistaken for the letter "o"... "l" can be mistaken for ones. Caps are important in passwords.

If all that fails, get on the landline or cell and explain the problem.

If you have been hacked, you need a more imaginative password, a good virus, key logging and bot checking software prevention program and stop accessing your accounts at libraries, eateries and coffee shops that offer 'free' wifi.

That's about the best I can do without more detail

Last edited:

catlingirl

Thanks. Its the main account to get onto windows 7 and it doesn't have a "forgot password feature" . Thanks anyway

Last edited:

Taz

OK. Shut the computer down and open it up. The largest circuit board you will see is your motherboard. Somewhere on the motherboard, you will see a small round disk (maybe 3/4 - 1 inch diameter), this is a battery that powers the things your computer needs to keep when it is turned off (called EPROM). Remove this battery, it may take a screwdriver to do it, leave it out for about 20 seconds minimum ad then reinstall it. Then boot computer. Likely you will not have users and will have to re-enter admin and password.

catlingirl

OK. Shut the computer down and open it up. The largest circuit board you will see is your motherboard. Somewhere on the motherboard, you will see a small round disk (maybe 3/4 - 1 inch diameter), this is a battery that powers the things your computer needs to keep when it is turned off (called EPROM). Remove this battery, it may take a screwdriver to do it, leave it out for about 20 seconds minimum ad then reinstall it. Then boot computer. Likely you will not have users and will have to re-enter admin and password.

Alright thank you.

PeoplesElbow

This info is stored on the hard drive, they don't know their windows admin password.

I seriously doubt someone hacked into it and changed it btw, unless its a parent that is trying to keep the kids from doing something....

You should start here btw. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/troubleshoot-windows-password-problems

Try just hitting the enter key without entering a password, some people never set a password.

Can the other accounts log in ok?

Here is another pretty decent resource http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/windows-7-administrator-password.htm

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
lophat crack if nothing else ..... get assistance from your computer geek friend

Lamini

password cracker. if you dont have a "buddy", you can search for locals, or dive into this (warning: hair pulling involved).

Unless you have a known good backup to recover from, this is the way it is.