Long curls

sockgirl77

Any way to get this look without a curling iron or hot curlers? Is there a perm that will result in this look?

I have very little primp time in the mornings and my wrists hurt when I do curl my hair. My hair is well below the middle of my back now. I am thinking about getting it cut into long layers for more body. It's just blah now.

Attachments

• kate.JPG
    kate.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 180

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Just saw one on TV...

It attaches to your blow dryer, and has a Dyson like cyclone action.. Sucks your hair in, and twists it into curls..

It was awesome.. and since I saw it on TV it HAS to work, right?

https://www.aircurler.com/

sockgirl77

Just saw one on TV...

It attaches to your blow dryer, and has a Dyson like cyclone action.. Sucks your hair in, and twists it into curls..

It was awesome.. and since I saw it on TV it HAS to work, right?

Sure. How did you like the Flowbee?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I have a friend who I always thought had naturally curly hair. Turned out she just rolls her hair every night in foam rollers and in the morning, takes them out and has tons of curls. They are soft so you can sleep in them without issue.

I also saw an informercial for a product like a sock bun but when you take it out, your hair has waves/curls.

sockgirl77

I have a friend who I always thought had naturally curly hair. Turned out she just rolls her hair every night in foam rollers and in the morning, takes them out and has tons of curls. They are soft so you can sleep in them without issue.

I also saw an informercial for a product like a sock bun but when you take it out, your hair has waves/curls.

Oh I tried the foam curlers. My hair is way too long and thick for them. :ohwell:

I'll search for that sock bun thingy. :lol:

nomoney

I use my straightener to get those types of waves. Pretty easy and only adds about 10 min depending on how many/curly you want it. (believe me, I'm up and out the door within 30 min of getting up because I love my sleep)

sockgirl77

I use my straightener to get those types of waves. Pretty easy and only adds about 10 min depending on how many/curly you want it. (believe me, I'm up and out the door within 30 min of getting up because I love my sleep)

You don't have nearly as much hair as me though. You saw my hair, right? Oh and it takes me an hour and a half to get ready now thanks to my kids. I HAVE to shower every morning and my kids pussyfoot every morning.:lol:

nomoney

You don't have nearly as much hair as me though. You saw my hair, right? Oh and it takes me an hour and a half to get ready now thanks to my kids. I HAVE to shower every morning and my kids pussyfoot every morning.:lol:

Mine is down almost to the middle of my back -

straightener is quicker than a curling iron. Simply wrap it, pull it, repeat.
Other than that - there is no perm that I'm aware of that will do that. Try going to bed with your hair wet/wrapped in a bun. I've tried that - get the waves - except the top looks a hot frizzy puffy mess.

sockgirl77

Mine is down almost to the middle of my back -

straightener is quicker than a curling iron. Simply wrap it, pull it, repeat.
Other than that - there is no perm that I'm aware of that will do that. Try going to bed with your hair wet/wrapped in a bun. I've tried that - get the waves - except the top looks a hot frizzy puffy mess.

I have to wash mine in the morning. It's naturally super oily. If I don't wash it in the morning it looks like I haven't washed it in days. So, I'd have to blow dry it completely then use the straightener. Grrr...there's just no easy fix I guess.

Has anyone tried any of these type of things?

Hot Air Hair Brushes | Folica.com

I have to wash mine in the morning. It's naturally super oily. If I don't wash it in the morning it looks like I haven't washed it in days. So, I'd have to blow dry it completely then use the straightener. Grrr...there's just no easy fix I guess.

Has anyone tried any of these type of things?

Hot Air Hair Brushes | Folica.com

I have. :ohwell: It was a pain in the ass and my hair got tangled in it so I had to call my husband in to untangle it for me. :bawl: I threw it away after that.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
If you layer your hair you might have more body. I have enough body to just add some curl cream, scrunch it with my hands, and let it go; it's a HUGE timesaver in the morning. The guys here at work call it the "freshly ####ed" look. :lol:

I've been using the Loreal EverCurl and so far I like it, my hair stays soft (not hard or crunchy like a gel or mousse).

Attachments

• Loreal Evercurl.jpg
    Loreal Evercurl.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 88