Look out, shoulder

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Something with a little heft to it to help absorb the kaboom. I'm just sayin' :shrug:

I'll strap some tire weights on it, with hose clamps.

;-)

But I hear ya. One of my rifles that shoots 7.62x54r (nearly same oomph as .30-06) has a very benign recoil. But it weighs 26 pounds with a full mag too....

Bonehead

I'll strap some tire weights on it, with hose clamps.

;-)

But I hear ya. One of my rifles that shoots 7.62x54r (nearly same oomph as .30-06) has a very benign recoil. But it weighs 26 pounds with a full mag too....

Moisin ?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

I have a Mosin..but it's not the heavy one and is, in fact, a real good deer rifle; mine has the Archangel stock and mags and a half-decent scope on it. It's built from a standard 91/30 infantry rifle, (vice something shorter like the M44) so it's pretty long. The "beast" that weighs 26 pounds with a full mag is based on a DPM frame and only intended to be fired resting on its forward bipod. If it ever bags a deer it will be because one ran in front of the range target. ;-)

But where I hunt most of the time, dense woods and hilly terrain with occasional tree climbing, I prefer to carry a carbine...my current favorite is a .45 Colt Alaskan Guide (lever gun), but the AR-15 Beowulf will be used in that role soon.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Ruh roh. 50 gr .223 compared to 400 gr .50 Beowulf. Something's got to give.

Beowulf.jpg

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Well this guy kind of agrees. You can use it to breach doors and defend yourself against car and boat motors :lmao: Should be a rather fun addition.

I've been a big .45-70 and .45-90 fan for a long time. This beast isn't that different, really. Just a more modern version. When Leitner first came out with his .499 AR many years ago, I wanted one. Alexander did a better job of producing almost the same rifle at a lower cost...

nutz

I've been a big .45-70 and .45-90 fan for a long time. This beast isn't that different, really. Just a more modern version. When Leitner first came out with his .499 AR many years ago, I wanted one. Alexander did a better job of producing almost the same rifle at a lower cost...

Now that you've gotten me looking at it, the .45-70 is a good comparison. The ability to stuff this into an ar-15 platform does give it an added desirability. Now, how about pairing it with a magnum research revolver? Apparently they were offering one but I don't see it in their current stuff. May only be a phone call away though.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Added another .50 to the herd..pictured here for comparison with a similar compact rifle design that is over 130 years old...an Alaskan Guide in in .45 colt. I went for classic, simple and clean in this build..no tacticool stuff...no optics..

carbines compared.jpg