Look Out!!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just got my license renewed, no muss, no fuss, did it online. So they have no idea how well this 70 y/o can drive.... or not. :biggrin: Just think... the new license is good for 8 years. I should be a real terror on the road by then.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
70 is the new 50.

When my great-grandfather retired at 62 he turned in his driver's license because he felt he was too old to be driving. And photos of him and my GGM, they look OLD. The difference between my GGM at 60 and me at 60 is dramatic - she and GGF looked older than my mother, who is 80.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Just got my license renewed, no muss, no fuss, did it online. So they have no idea how well this 70 y/o can drive.... or not. :biggrin: Just think... the new license is good for 8 years. I should be a real terror on the road by then.
I renewed my CDL A-M the other day. I was in and out of the Loveville MVA in 10 minutes flat. I would have renewed it on line but the notice I received via email said I had to take the vision test. Turns out...I didn't have to.

You'll need a chauffeur before 8 years are up. I'll keep the slingshot here for ya....

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I would have renewed it on line but the notice I received via email said I had to take the vision test.
I had a cataract removed last year, and have been seeing (!) a local eye doc at Pearl Vision. DMV says an eye report is good for 2 years, mine was only a year old, so I had Pearl sent mine electronically to DMV, then I could renew online.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I had a cataract removed last year, and have been seeing (!) a local eye doc at Pearl Vision. DMV says an eye report is good for 2 years, mine was only a year old, so I had Pearl sent mine electronically to DMV, then I could renew online.
The MVA gal that waited on me remarked that my DOT physical was still good for another year.....I took that to be the reason why she didn't administer the eye test. Now, why the email notice said I needed the eye test...beats me...