looked how much i have improved!

jumpergirl976

still need a little more work but i have improved so much feb.

Attachments

• Copy of lesson on lucky and some of gabby bday 023 003_0001.jpg
    Copy of lesson on lucky and some of gabby bday 023 003_0001.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 180
  • Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 183

jumpergirl976

oh i meant to say was i have improved so much since feb, which is when i was riding at AMIT. now that i changed barns i have improved alot more in just a few months :) i love it.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I am proud of you for improving and I may get slammed for this but has no one ever taught you to do a crest release? It would be much nicer on your horses mouth until you got your leg where it needs to be over fences. It doesn't look like anyone has been taught a crest release. I am all for riding out of hand when you are ready but now is not the time. IMO

jumpergirl976

yeah i know i still need more work but im better then i was a few months ago. and yeah i know it happens. but toword the end of the lesson i didnt go flying to much ha.

jamesbond007

Here are some more photos of crest release also.

Attachments

• l_266c982f9552488986ff5faa5006dd94.jpg
    l_266c982f9552488986ff5faa5006dd94.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 108
  • l_cc3dd05512ff424cbd2445385c4ee8da.jpg
    l_cc3dd05512ff424cbd2445385c4ee8da.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 89

devinej

you are jumping and you don't know what a crest release is? my my my...what on earth are they teaching you then?
i don't blame you. but it really looks like you need a lot more work on your balance and position to be jumping anywhere near the height of what you are jumping in those pictures and videos, i feel very sorry for the horses

....go ahead and slam me....

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I am not slamming you at all. That is my opinion also. Getting jumped out of the tack is dangerous for both horse and rider. I thought she was going to do a face plant.

Today in my lesson we did LOTS of trot work with leg yielding and haunches in. That is hard work and requires both horse and rider to work in unison.

jamesbond007

you are jumping and you don't know what a crest release is? my my my...what on earth are they teaching you then?
i don't blame you. but it really looks like you need a lot more work on your balance and position to be jumping anywhere near the height of what you are jumping in those pictures and videos, i feel very sorry for the horses

VERY true.

mingiz

Horse Poor
I don't and never have ridden english or jumped horses but the first thing I did notice was the leg position. My first thought was wonder how many times they have fell off for not being in a balanced position. :popcorn:

FrmGrl

Get some!

I think this is information Jumpergirl needs to read. Its hard to say these things, we dont want to hurt her feelings, but.....Devine is very right. Jumpergirl you need to get back to basics. Get balanced, start with ground poles to work on position and if your trainer does not know what a crest release is then its time for a new trainer. Your horse will be much happier once you get all those things to come together.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I'm not much of a horse person, but that you tube video looks like you are not letting the horse jump correctly.

It doesn't look smooth.

jumpergirl976

i knew about the crest release i just didnt know what it was called. and for one thing i do not need a new trainer my trainer is really good. okay and i look a whole lot better then what i did before and i know i still dont look perfect right now but im getting better. jeeze you freaking people need to at least try to be nice.