looked how much i have improved!

devinej

well at least we are telling you the truth...its not your fault, and we are not trying to hurt your feelings, but you should know that you really have a lot to work on....and that you should be considerate to the horse before yourself. there are ways to do this....

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Whoa..

I am not trying to hurt your feelings ok. I just am being honest. Jumping is dangerous and we want safety first.

What I have found about many lesson facilities and not just picking on place that the instructors don't focus on a lot of flat work. They just do some flat work and go right to jumping. Flatwork is where you get your fondation, jumping is great but it can be dangerous if the flatwork is not solid.

I don't know where you take lessons and nor do I want to know.

FrmGrl

Get some!
i knew about the crest release i just didnt know what it was called. and for one thing i do not need a new trainer my trainer is really good. okay and i look a whole lot better then what i did before and i know i still dont look perfect right now but im getting better. jeeze you freaking people need to at least try to be nice.
Who wasnt nice? These are very good pieces of advice your getting here. No one said anything mean. And if your trainer did not know a crest release than I dont care how much you like them, they are not safe and are not teaching you what you need to know. You say you like your trainer and you have come far. But our question is simply why are you jumping jumps that high when your foundation needs work?? Its not to slam you or hurt your feelings. NO one on here wants to see you get hurt! If you post a video or picture on here expect to get criticism. That is what makes us all better riders. You are making progress but none of us are perfect and we all need to keep learning how to be better.

jumpergirl976

she knows what it is its me who didnt well i do but i didnt know what it was called. and i know i need to work on it im getting there i never had the perfect release even at my old barn so yeah its my fault i need to remember to release more.

FrmGrl

Get some!
she knows what it is its me who didnt well i do but i didnt know what it was called. and i know i need to work on it im getting there i never had the perfect release even at my old barn so yeah its my fault i need to remember to release more.
Thats fine, I too need to work on my release as well. Remember to take all of this with a grain of salt. Its not personal or to hurt you. I think its great you had the courage to put yourself out there like that. Now take all the responses in and go back and focus on those things and you will be even better!

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Thats fine, I too need to work on my release as well. Remember to take all of this with a grain of salt. Its not personal or to hurt you. I think its great you had the courage to put yourself out there like that. Now take all the responses in and go back and focus on those things and you will be even better!

I have to work on my release also...and I need to remember to breathe over fences. We all have our weaknesses that we need to work on.

devinej

yep, we all have our weaknesses to work on. and its shows strength to be able to hear criticism and be able to listen to it and take from it what might help you.

and we all like to express our opinions too haha

and it just worries me when i see unbalanced riders doing things that might cause them to get hurt, or doing things that might disrespect the horse-rider relationship (whether the rider knows she's doing it or not). the trainer should be responsible for letting the rider know about those things and teaching the rider how to be balanced and respectful to the horse...
because the horses didn't sign up for this voluntarily....

so my suggestion....keep your stirrups for now, get in two point - a balanced two point where your weight is in your heels and you don't need to hold the mane to stay balanced, and ride like that as if there was a thumbtack on the saddle. practice going from a normal two point to a vertical two point until that's easy for you. then go back to posting and no stirrup work.

muttdog

All I can say, is your better than me, I would be sitting on my butt watching the horse run away if i tried that, or watching the EMTs as they load me into the ambulance.:cussing::dead: Keep working hard and dont get mad at a little advice and you do wonderfully.:yay:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I wasn't trying to be mean. I was just trying to help. Sorry if you got offended. That wasn't my intention.:howdy: