Lookin' for things to do?

culvertcntygirl

Lookin' for fun
There is not much of a social life in SOMD. The idea is to get a group together and plan things like: dinners, bowling, dancing, movies, or any other ideas someone would have. I have searched and searched for social groups in the area without success. This would be especially beneficial to those who are single and tired of doing things and going places alone. Feedback/ideas are encouraged :razz:

H

HollowSoul

perhaps telling us a lil more about yourself would be a good start

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
CMC122 said:
There are many super secret gathering's here:yay: PM K Jo for details:yay:
I thought Kwillia was handling that end?:confused: ................................................:lol:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Penn said:
I thought Kwillia was handling that end?:confused: ................................................:lol:
Is that what Kwillia's been handling?

Hey girl, wash them hands. :killingme

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
culvertcntygirl said:
There is not much of a social life in SOMD. The idea is to get a group together and plan things like: dinners, bowling, dancing, movies, or any other ideas someone would have. I have searched and searched for social groups in the area without success. This would be especially beneficial to those who are single and tired of doing things and going places alone. Feedback/ideas are encouraged :razz:

Try here http://www.smdsinglessocial.com

Bogart

culvertcntygirl said:
I would look down at SMC for the social groups. This forum is mainly conservative.

culvertcntygirl

Lookin' for fun
Out of options

undefinedundefinedundefined
For the last several months I have search SOMD social activity postings/groups, etc. Community postings include scrapbooking, quilting, a lot of parent/children activities, church fundraisers, yard sales, etc. Although these things are fine, I am looking for more. I have looked into the group recommended earlier and they are clearly looking for "Professionals only" (lawyers, doctors, engineers, etc.) Members would like to meet others in the same class (financially, etc.). There is nothing wrong with that. I have come across NO KIDDING (a group for singles and couples without children to gather and do things. In the last year two events have been scheduled, both cancelled. I thought a few here would be in the same boat and get something going (Can't blame a girl for trying :angel: )So, feedback would be great. :dance:
Oh, what I like to do.....crabbing, fishing, dancing, most outdoor activities, sampling restaurants, gym, drink socially, see good bands, and trying new things.
Haven't read too much about dating and marriage here, what I have read shows people with a good sense of humor lookin' for others to communicate with. :banana:

Last edited:

SamSpade

culvertcntygirl said:
For the last several months I have search SOMD social activity postings/groups, etc. Community postings include scrapbooking, quilting, a lot of parent/children activities, church fundraisers, yard sales, etc. Although these things are fine, I am looking for more. I have looked into the group recommended earlier and they are clearly looking for "Professionals only" (lawyers, doctors, engineers, etc.) Members would like to meet others in the same class (financially, etc.). There is nothing wrong with that. I have come across NO KIDDING (a group for singles and couples without children to gather and do things. In the last year two events have been scheduled, both cancelled. I thought a few here would be in the same boat and get something going (Can't blame a girl for trying :angel: )So, feedback would be great. :dance:
Oh, what I like to do.....crabbing, fishing, dancing, most outdoor activities, sampling restaurants, gym, drink socially, see good bands, and trying new things.
Haven't read too much about dating and marriage here, what I have read shows people with a good sense of humor lookin' for others to communicate with. :banana:
Several years ago, I started a group like this, through these boards - a small group of regular posters, who, if they had nothing to do, would meet to do something on the weekends. And it basically arose from the frequent cry of "where are all the good men" and "there's nothing to do down here". I replied "heck, I'd settle for someone to accompany me to the movies". When a poster answered "ok, put your money where you mouth is; where are we going", the movie group was born. The original "Meet and Greet" forum was largely created, for us. We had a large mailing list of maybe a couple dozen, tops, and most weekends, there were as many as half a dozen (allowing for cancellations), and two of the original *FOUR* are now married (to each other).

Maybe you should try something like that - you'll probably have MORE success than I did - because back then, we only HAD a few dozen people posting.

tswgirl

It's tough being single in Southern MD. There are tons of singles group. The best advice is to join interests group such as out door activities ... etc. Otherwise, you end up with all kinds of weirdos.

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
culvertcntygirl said:

I think they are looking for " professionals only " to keep the wierdo's out. Did you give them a try? A " respctfully employed " friend of mine sent me a email aout this org. when it started. I think she was envolved in getting it started. Sound like it would be worth checking out.

?

You can sitting around here 24/7 and create numerous MPDs and forums! That is always fun!

?

PrepH4U said:
Why would you do that? :shrug:
Seems to be the cool thing to do around these parts nowadays! Ya know sinces most everyone's karma is maxed out and people have post counts so dang high you can hardly believe they have life , guess now it's cool to have a butt load of MPDs listed on the very top of the Memeber list and start your own forum for them all. :ohwell: