Lookin' for things to do?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
... said:
Seems to be the cool thing to do around these parts nowadays! Ya know sinces most everyone's karma is maxed out and people have post counts so dang high you can hardly believe they have life , guess now it's cool to have a butt load of MPDs listed on the very top of the Memeber list and start your own forum for them all. :ohwell:
Stupid question here from a newbie. How do you get your Karma maxed out? I still don't get the Karma thing. I just send messages when I agree and I sign them.

?

BS Gal said:
Stupid question here from a newbie. How do you get your Karma maxed out? I still don't get the Karma thing. I just send messages when I agree and I sign them.

Most of them there maxed out goobers created numerous MPDs to boost each others karma up real quick like. Kinda silly, don't ya think?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
... said:
Most of them there maxed out goobers created numerous MPDs to boost each others karma up real quick like. Kinda silly, don't ya think?
Okay. I understand. Kinda sad, actually.

Ruthless Babe

Have you looked into Single Volunteers of DC (SVDC) and/or Single Volunteers of Baltimore/Annapolis (SVBA)? Not only do you get to do something for the less fortunate, but usually after the volunteer event they go somewhere (restaurant, bar, etc) to socialize. They also hold their own social events and trips separate from the volunteer events. SVDC also has links to other singles groups. They volunteer at a wide range of events (they are actually working the Park Rock Fest tomorrow at Chancellors Run)

Only requirement is that you are single and not in a committed relationship and that you follow through and show up for the volunteer events you sign up for.

tswgirl

Most of the SVDC and SVBA are professionals also. Their socials are close to zero and their events are about 2 hours drive away, a little too far if you live south of Waldorf.

SVDC is working at park rock because one of the members from smd singles social is leading it.

TNA

Wet Kitty
... said:
You can sitting around here 24/7 and create numerous MPDs and forums! That is always fun!
Is it really that much fun? I am not having fun yet!

dolly_digital

I'm a former member of SoMD Singles Social. Its an ok group if you are a professional or like the kind of activities they offer. Its a bit restrictive though. Have you tried St. Mary's Fun? The website is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StMaryFun/
It was started a couple of months ago and now has 25 members, mostly 30's and 40's, all single, and less restrictive than SoMDSS. You don't have to be a professional and you can be in a committed relationship. You only have to be willing to make new friends and join in or host activities. Its not a dating group per se, its more of a social group so that you don't have to sit at home alone. You're welcome to join us anytime.

Leelee

Just being Me !
To night I went out with a girl friend to some club ...I think she called it Legends ?
I never seen so many goobers in one place in my entire life. :lmao:

somddove

There are several similar groups like that on yahoo I would check them out also. I looked into this st mary's fun and they are not doing much of anything. I would look into some outdoor groups. For dating or for network purpose that SMDS looks like a better choice than going to all these social/special interests groups popping in and out.

johnking3rd

I don't know much abut the smd group but a bro of mine tried it out with the fun group and didn't bother with them. The stuff they do are kinda boringg and the women aren't lookers. There's only about 3-4 people going to the stuff they have. I guesst the rest of members felt the same like him and don't bother to shuw... it like sthe sinlge in md group, a lot of members but nothing bu chatin and emails. u be scared to show up.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
johnking3rd said:
I don't know much abut the smd group but a bro of mine tried it out with the fun group and didn't bother with them. The stuff they do are kinda boringg and the women aren't lookers. There's only about 3-4 people going to the stuff they have. I guesst the rest of members felt the same like him and don't bother to shuw... it like sthe sinlge in md group, a lot of members but nothing bu chatin and emails. u be scared to show up.
huh :confused:

somddove

I don't understand about the sinlge in md group. Maybe he is talking about mdsingles group, where the membership are in hundreds but they do have a lot of trash emails and talks such ..... but don't do much of any activities.

Last edited:

dolly_digital

somddove said:
There are several similar groups like that on yahoo I would check them out also. I looked into this st mary's fun and they are not doing much of anything. I would look into some outdoor groups. For dating or for network purpose that SMDS looks like a better choice than going to all these social/special interests groups popping in and out.

Funny, but I don't remember seeing you sign up for the group, so how did you get access to the event calendar? And as for doing nothing, there are events on the calendar for every weekend and some during the week including the happy hour we had last Thursday at the Tides, Richmond NASCAR race last Friday, Damon's this Tuesday night during their singles night, a Baltimore Orioles game this upcoming Saturday, Sotterly wine festival the first weekend in October, etc. And there is nothing stopping the members from adding their own events if they don't see anything they are interested in.

I agree, the St Marys Fun group might not be the best for dating, but the original post asked for what was there to do here in SOMD. The group is a SOCIAL group for making some new friends.